I found a huge undeveloped area right in town that I never knew about.

biknut

Local time
11:03 AM
There used to be a lot of tracks like this around Dallas once upon a time, but one by one they all disappeared to development. I can't believe this one is still here, and I didn't know about it. It's only about 9 miles from my house too. It's on a strip of waste land behind a bunch of apartments on one side, and a creek on the other.
Katie Jackson 6.jpg
Katie Jackson 3.jpg
Katie ackson 4.jpg

Good find.
Are you gonna swap some knobbies onto the bike shown or get an eMTB or eFatty?
...or take your chances with the slicks?

Good find.
Are you gonna swap some knobbies onto the bike shown or get an eMTB or eFatty?
...or take your chances with the slicks?
No, I doubt I'll go back. I'm not really into that kind of riding anymore. I'm more drawn to the cement jungle

No, I doubt I'll go back. I'm not really into that kind of riding anymore. I'm more drawn to the cement jungle
I applaud your strength. That would really get me thinking about how I could use that as a shortcut and therefore how I "need" and eFatty. Then again, up here, it is easier to justify, as we have quite a lot of snow in the winter. ;-)

I have a friend who just bought a Fatty. (he forgot the 'e') with the express reason to be able to ride through winter and not lose the fitness he'd built up in the spring, summer and fall.

Part of the convenience with eBikes is that you get to explore places normally would be difficult to get to.
With an eBike (and battery range) to feel more confident to explore without worry about how to get home.
As long as you take it easy without injuring yourself along the ride, the uncharted trails can be lots of fun.

Luckily for me, I live within 1 mile of protected open space, no land developments, no structures, no roads will be built, just bike trails.
X9cdhkC.jpg

Additionally, there is a river (multiple streams), active railway within 2 mile and a nuclear power plant within 3 mile; for the past 20+ years, I've been riding dirt bikes, MTBs all along the area. Some areas with dirt mounts that are abandoned from previous projects that allow me to do jumps on dirt bikes.
gL8oEAZ.jpg

5gbrDao.jpg

cT7cyot.jpg

cxeuWjL.jpg

aTLxJu8.jpg

M2QLjxm.jpg

As I get older, no more dirt bikes, just eBikes & regular MTBs.
I strategically bought my house near these open spaces 20 years ago, so I can ride my bikes from my driveway to the trailhead, no need to transport the bikes with car.
Local farmer kids have been riding these trails with their 3-wheelers, ATVs & dirt bikes (as farming transport) for ages and LEOs don't really bother with enforcing the laws on these trails; "Don't ask, don't tell" kinda attitude.

Love these pics of the great outdoors......we retired 20 yrs ago from So. Calif......we now live rural on 5 acres that back up to the woods.....to get out of our town......there are only three roads.....all are two lane......we will never move....love the area. Here's a few daily pics...

elk 6.jpg
elk 4.jpg

Back