Brakes Engwe Logan Hydraulic Brakes - Hose Replacement

Jimbobolob

Local time
5:12 PM
Hi, first time with hydraulics.

I was about to swap the pipes left-to-right, but noticed the front brake pipe has been kinked at the factory.

Levers and callipers are branded ‘Logan’ and the callipers have ‘2207’ on them. Levers are embossed “mineral oil”.

How can I determine the correct pipe and fittings to buy? I can’t find anything about these brakes online - although they do work extremely well!

Many thanks indeed. Btw I have a bleed kit.

I was about to swap the pipes left-to-right, but noticed the front brake pipe has been kinked at the factory.

Levers and callipers are branded ‘Logan’ and the callipers have ‘2207’ on them. Levers are embossed “mineral oil”.

How can I determine the correct pipe and fittings to buy? I can’t find anything about these brakes online - although they do work extremely well!

I'm your local bike shop can help you determine the correct "pipe" to use. Other than that use a caliper and measure the OD (outside diameter" and ID Inside diameter of the current "pipe") and do some shopping on the web.

Thanks, so the hoses are 5mm diameter. But the insert arrangement is quite different to eg shimano, it has an o-ring but its much smaller than Tektro, just 5.5mm OD:

IMG_7356.jpeg

I know it’s been a while since you were inquiring about the olive and insert that fits Logan hydraulic brakes. But I figured this might help the next guy that’s trying to figure it out.

I used a Magura olive and a Tektro insert/sleeve. It worked perfectly. See photo.
BTW, that part that you are referring to as an oring is actually the outside of the hose peeking out just forward of the olive.

The Tektro insert/sleeve that I used does have an oring built in but it’s not being utilized when using it with the Logan brake line. The olive is what seals on both sides.
375DC67E-4573-4119-A6FC-D8308F8BE1FF.jpeg

Back