DOST E-bike issues on receiving bikes

Hawk

Local time
5:08 AM
Has anyone else had issues on receiving a
Dost e-bike. We purchased 2 in November of 2022 and were told that it would not be to June of 2023 before we would receive them.

Still waiting and can't reach DOST by phone and they will not respond to their thread message board.

I would caution anyone thinking about purchasing a DOST e-bike. We put half down and can't get anyone from DOST to contact me to see where stand on getting our bikes or to refund on our down payment. This has been going on now for 2 months.

1. I would strongly suggest that you contact the credit/debit card company you used - Place Fraud Claim" - You placed order in November 2022 with vendor "Guarenteed Delivery 2023 Delivery" AND vendor has not responded to your calls or emails for over () days since !

2. This is the DOST you are talking about - correct contact info, right ? CLICK HERE DOST EBIKES

1. I would strongly suggest that you contact the credit/debit card company you used - Place Fraud Claim" - You placed order in November 2022 with vendor "Guarenteed Delivery 2023 Delivery" AND vendor has not responded to your calls or emails for over () days since !

2. This is the DOST you are talking about - correct contact info, right ? CLICK HERE DOST EBIKES
Yes, DOST

It's ON YOUR SHOULDERS Monday start the FRAUD CLAIM with your CARD COMPANY because frankly that's your BEST BET - frfom other reports like the one I listed above - DOST will NOT BE ABLE TO REFUND - under FRAUD the Card Co "could" refund your dough.

The eBike space grew fast - and YES some "brands" will bite-the-dust going into 4th quarter,

I will NOT prepay/deposit with any manufacturer I haven't done business with before - I WILL take advantage of Vendoi Offered Financing - by using that if the manuf goes South - as their finance agent I can get the refund from the finance agent side.

Dost e-bike. We purchased 2 in November of 2022 and were told that it would not be to June of 2023 before we would receive them.

Still waiting and can't reach DOST by phone and they will not respond to their thread message board.

I would caution anyone thinking about purchasing a DOST e-bike. We put half down and can't get anyone from DOST to contact me to see where stand on getting our bikes or to refund on our down payment. This has been going on now for 2 months.
Looks like their web site is still up and running. Not sure if that means anything.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered a Kope CVT in August of last year, still waiting. I talked to the Owner, Sam, a couple of months ago and he said the latest shipment of CVT's was in the port of Canada waiting to be cleared. I can't get in touch with anyone at the company now, wondering what's going on.

Posting a link while making an effort to hide the precise location and nature of that link is an act of deception and dishonesty.

It is completely unnecessary, there is no reason for this, and the potential reader should ALWAYS be clear as to the true target of that link.

EBR is a reputable and above-board source of info, however, they pay their salaries reviewing ebikes, and either are paid directly by the company, or receive the bikes for free to sell them later. It is not surprising that they almost never have any strong negative comments about any bike that they review. You will find additional info in the user comments, which do not appear to be heavily curated.

It is nowhere near as bad as Eric Hicks', owner of Luna Cycles, website. That place is a puff piece for Luna where any negative user comments are quickly removed.

I would not call EBR's reviews dishonest, but definitely incomplete.

They got me too, ordered February 2022, no refund, no bike and they know my number and won't answer my calls. Have you gotten anywhere with your dilema?

That is why I NEVER buy anything unless I use a credit card, so I can get my cash back

Did you google "dost company review" before buying

I pre-ordered my Juiced bike having never done business with them before. I'm glad it worked out.

Sounds like you're going to have to try to get your money back from the credit card company and just move on with a more reputable company.

Years back before the internet it was word of mouth, what amazes me is that it takes seconds these days to check the credentials of a business yet no one does.

I NEVER buy before I google X company review or X (what I am buying) review, how long did typing that take, three seconds !!!!!!!

Well coincidentally I ordered and paid for a secondary battery listed as available and received an order confirmation number in mid November - I’ve recently asked for status - back ordered or arriving soon ??? Nothing - no email replies to any of their three email addresses - phone line is either off the hook or disconnected after 7 tries in three days - they use only a buy now pay later
Third party fiscal vendor (Klarna) to process
Credit cards etc - I contacted them and reported a problem and help reaching DOST ( their client) they replied with concern but no info from them yet -
Contacted my visa company to investigate
But is the middleman fiscal vendor a hurdle
To recovering a refund or credit now?

Does no one google reviews of companies BEFORE buying !!!!!!

It appears Dost Bikes is no longer in business. MNP Ltd has been appointed interim receiver as of Dec 21, 2023. Not sure what this means for those with orders and warranties but it does not look good. I regret buying the extra warranty now. https://mnpdebt.ca/en/corporate/corporate-engagements/dost-bikes
Sadly I used their financing option thru RBC and Payplan... I hope I can recover some of my funds or get a working bike

Back