Does your Himiway Cruiser Stepthru disable the throttle if no passcode is entered?

Steve_o

Local time
5:13 PM
Hi all,
I purchased a Himiway Cruiser stepthru and a Cobra in July, 2022. So far, no major issues. I watched a lot of youtube reviews and most were positive. After viewing the posts here, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, the reason for my post is in regards to the passcode operation on the cruiser stepthru. I set a passcode and when I power up the bike and do not enter the passcode, I expect the motor to be disabled per the owners manual. However, if I twist the throttle the motor runs. This is not the way my Cobra operates. If the passcode is not entered, the motor is dead as I would expect. I contacted Himiway, and they are telling me this is the way the stepthru works. They say it is made in a different factory and has different programming. Just excuses as far as I know. So, I am asking any Himiway Criser stepthru owners if this is how their bike operates. Thank you in advance for your input.

Hi all,
I purchased a Himiway Cruiser stepthru and a Cobra in July, 2022. So far, no major issues. I watched a lot of youtube reviews and most were positive. After viewing the posts here, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, the reason for my post is in regards to the passcode operation on the cruiser stepthru. I set a passcode and when I power up the bike and do not enter the passcode, I expect the motor to be disabled per the owners manual. However, if I twist the throttle the motor runs. This is not the way my Cobra operates. If the passcode is not entered, the motor is dead as I would expect. I contacted Himiway, and they are telling me this is the way the stepthru works. They say it is made in a different factory and has different programming. Just excuses as far as I know. So, I am asking any Himiway Criser stepthru owners if this is how their bike operates. Thank you in advance for your input.
Hi Steve, unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I am new to Ebike world. But I have a question about your Himiway Cobra. How do you like it so far? Any issues at all? I am thinking about buying one and I need your honest opinion about it.
Thank you in advance for you answer.

Hi Steve, unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I am new to Ebike world. But I have a question about your Himiway Cobra. How do you like it so far? Any issues at all? I am thinking about buying one and I need your honest opinion about it.
Thank you in advance for you answer.
Besides letting you enter a personal password (P2), I see a setting "Power On Password Enable/Disable" (PSd-n). It can be toggled to Y or N. I do not use it but maybe this is your problem. I assume it allows one to disable without throwing away the password. I found documentation that a default password is 1212 (??) but mine was and is 0000.

Back