Coswheel gt20 any thoughts? Thanks, worth it?

This is the first time I've heard that brand name. Seems like a Chinese "mushroom brand", by the Chenglish ad copy on the site:

On a powerhouse eMoped like that, I get nervous when they have spokes instead of cast wheels. Spokes tend to break more easily on the more powerful motors with Chinese spokes.

It's probably fine, but the issue is that when/if you have any troubles, the mfr. doesn't care and won't support you.

I would probably steer you more toward Juiced or Ride1Up if you want an eMoped. I've got the latest Juiced HyperScrambler 2 with the dual batteries. I've only got a couple hundred miles on it and none of them in warm weather, so I'm withholding final judgment, but so far, so good.

thanks for the thoughts, I was looking at that one because it looks more like a motorcycle and I would be using it only on the street; practce for getting back on a motorcycle at some point,after a stroke

I think if that is your goal, then an internal combustion powered scooter is a better way to go. For around $2600 new or maybe half that used, you can get a nice 49cc scooter (or "moped" depending on your state's laws) from Honda. It will go an honest 38 mph while returning over 100 mpg. 100+ miles on a tank of gas and 5 minute refilling. Yeah, you'll have to pay insurance and registration, but in my experience, it's pretty cheap.

By the way, I'm both a former motorcyclist and scooterist. I did tens of thousands of miles of sport-touring riding and thousands on scooters around town and even one tour. I miss scootering more than motorcycling.

I do like my eMoped, but even though it has just about the longest range of any of them, there are a lot of things to keep in mind about it:

• Advertised ranges are not close to reality. Why? Because on these eMopeds, you will not find yourself pedaling them. They're not comfortable to pedal, because they're so heavy and the seat is not designed for pedaling. (they rub the inner thighs) You will be using mostly throttle and probably going 20-30 mph most of the time. The advertised ranges are almost always assuming the lowest level of pedal assist at low speed and high effort from the rider. My Juiced HyperScrambler 2 advertises 110+ mile range. In reality, it will return 30-40 miles. Can I extend it with more batteries? Yes, at a cost of $600 each, IF you can find them. (and two would be needed to double the range to 60-80 miles)
  • The batteries are princesses. They don't like to be fully charged or discharged for long. Being too warm hurts their lifespan. Being too cold temporarily hurts their capacity. If you charge them fully and let them sit, you'll cut their lifespan in half.
  • As the battery discharges, the voltage goes down and so does the top speed. So you might be excited to find out the top speed of your eMoped is 33 mph, but that's only when it's over 70% state of charge. Below that, you'll be lucky to hit 28 or so. (and less in the winter)

Back