Bluetooth Bike Computer for Aventon Soltera 7

steeladonis

Local time
1:59 AM
Greetings,

I'm curious if a Bluetooth bike computer can be paired to my Aventon Soltera 7. Aventon offers a bike computer on their website (the MSW Miniac 333 GPS BLE Bike Computer to be exact) that states "no sensors". Can this be paired to my ebike without me having to install seperate speed/cadence sensors? I reached out to Aventon, but their support has been underwhelming to put it nicely.

Thoughts?

I am truly curious just exactly what it is that you need to know? Anything beyond a simple speedo is going to need info from your system.

Speed sensor for speed and distance. If you need a box to tell you your pedal cadence, then you will need a cadence sensor that hooks up to it.

If you just need someone to tell you that your ass is still too wide, I'll do that for free.

I am truly curious just exactly what it is that you need to know? Anything beyond a simple speedo is going to need info from your system.

Speed sensor for speed and distance. If you need a box to tell you your pedal cadence, then you will need a cadence sensor that hooks up to it.

If you just need someone to tell you that your ass is still too wide, I'll do that for free.
"
"If you just need someone to tell you that your ass is still too wide, I'll do that for free."
LOL!! And somehow, I surmise that you'd still do an even s**ttier job with that than you would understanding my question.

First of all, Doofus - I do know the relationship between speed/cadence sensors and bike computers (I have several bikes that have them and a couple of power meters too (imagine that)). Being new to e-bikes, I was curios if a third party bike computer could be connected to this particular bike in addition to the onboard computer. But I guess that kind of nuance was lost on you.

Typically I wouldn't bother to respond to such an asinine comment, but the urge to call out someone's obvious lack of self-esteem was just too overpowering (sorry, Lord - Satan won this round). Let me offer a word of advice, you idiot: I deem this forum was created to be of assistance to people. If you don't have the mental fortitude to provide useful information in the spirit that it was requested, kindly keep your mouth shut and stay away from the grown folk's table. Nobody appreciates you.

You can have that advice for free...

Apparrently, you do NOT understand the relationship between sensors and computers as you fail to understand they need to be connected in some way. Unless you have bluetooth speed and cadence sensors, or a bluetooth controller, a bluetooth computer with no sensors of its own is not going to do much for you.

Not surprising, as you do not seem to understand what "self-esteem" means. "Mental fortitude" either. Have you been reading the big kids books again?

You asked an idiotic, doofus question. Your lack of self-awareness prevents you from grasping the fact that your own ignorance serves as a teaching tool for those to follow.

You think you speak for many, when in reality, you stand alone. Makes no difference to me, stupid is as stupid does.

First - welcome the the forum - a Passion for eBikes builds Character - you can tell with the wdie variety of Character's on this forum..

Hegpah in his way was asking "what type of info are you looking to have?" - for most eBike enthusiasts its Nav w/Mapping - Phone - Email - etc what a decent Smartphone delivers to your hands or pocket -can be handlebar mounted to deliver those same features to a eBike rider

On this type of Bike Computer - Ant+ Bluetooth Protocol is used to communicate with external sensors - it is not used to communicate with your Phone - and "GPS" is used for position and not used for maps.

CLICK HERE $113 COOSPO COMPARABLE BIKE COMPUTER INCL ARMBAND HEART MONITOR & ONE TYPE CADENCE SENSOR

I am protective of my phone - I don't want to have the inconvenience and/or expense if I bash it - AND I love Stuff !

I have a Garmin Edge 530 GPS Cycle Computer ($220 factory "refurbished" - really it's New just repackaged as "Refurbished") for me I also have Garmin Varia Rear Radar (the Rear Radar is real slick actually)

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back