Battery charging problems on 1000 watt Ebike

Diggerman

Local time
7:43 AM
I have a 1000 watt ebike and it's proving difficult to charge. If I plug in with everything turned off it sometimes sparks from the bike and lights the charger green. I then have to fiddle around until it finally starts to charge. Just lately though it got a lot worse sometimes taking days before it works. Any thoughts anybody thanks

That sound like a dangerous situation. If you don't already do its a charging procedure I would plug the charger into the battery 1st then plug the charger into the wall outlet. This avoids sparking between charger cord and battery.

I think I would need some useful information. You have not really supplied any. It would help, if you would describe, ALL the indicators of power on your bike, which I cannot see from here and have no idea of a brand name and there is no picture or link, so YOU are the only person on the planet who can supply ANY of the needed information.

You have a 1000watt ebike. How old, how many miles, what stats on the battery, which is maybe the problem?

You charge it. While connected to WHAT, the bike, a lamp, nothing at all?

Everything turned off. What is everything? It would help, if you would describe, ALL the indicators of power on your bike, which I cannot see from here and have no idea of a brand name and there is no picture or link, so YOU are the only person on the planet who can supply ANY of the needed information.

Switch on? What, where, and how? You are not disconnecting the charger first? Does anything else change color, light up, buzz, or show any indication of a powered on system? It would help, if you would describe, ALL the indicators of power on your bike, which I cannot see from here and have no idea of a brand name and there is no picture or link, so YOU are the only person on the planet who can supply ANY of the needed information.

You play with it, and sometimes it works. Team sports like baseball? Solitaire? Pinball? do you tell it jokes?

When it "works", how can you tell? What happens, exactly? It would help, if you would describe, ALL the indicators of power on your bike, which I cannot see from here and have no idea of a brand name and there is no picture or link, so YOU are the only person on the planet who can supply ANY of the needed information.

Lastly, what did you do to it right before this problem started happening?

Im having trouble charging my 1000 watt ebike. If I plug the charger in with everything turned off it lights up the charger green and when I switch on it just stays green. I play around with it and eventually it works. Just lately though it become more troublesome taking a couple of days to get it to work. Any thoughts anybody thanks.
It could be your battery or charger has something wrong/loose with the charger connectors. Maybe the BMS is glitching. If you're having battery issues, its a good idea to not leave it unattended while you're trying to charge it.

Hey, I am sharing a tutorial about how easy it is to charge elby mobility ebikes. If you've ever had questions about the charging process or new to eBikes in general, this video is a great resource.
Video link:
I'll recommend you guys to give it a try. It comes with integrated battery technology and 3 year warranty.
What does this video have to do with battery charging? This is just an ad for Elby ebikes. Very deceiving first sentence.

The battery will not charge if its already charged. You *could* take a multimeter to the battery leads and see how many standing volts it has. That will tell you what to look for next. When my 48 volt battery is fully charged it reads 53 volts if I recall.

Back