Aventon Level 2 battery release latch

daemon

Local time
9:49 AM
I bought a used Aventon Level 2 and have found the battery release latch broken. As a result I am unable to remove the battery. Fortunately, the on bike charging port seems to work but I would like to be able to remove the battery for charging if not at home. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue. I found one post swshana from Aug 2022 noting their latch broke and were waiting on replacement but no further posts. Hopefully someone out there has some experience.

UPDATE 6/26/23
Per a mechanic at USA ebikes in Denver, this a known issue with the Level 2 (at least previously manufactured models) shipping with a fragile plastic part. They fortunately had a metal replacement part in stock and were able to put on in <5 minutes. No reply from Aventon to date.

My original battery latch was plastic and it cracked and fell apart. I contacted Aventon, and they sent me a metal replacement latch. This was back in January of this year - lately looks like Aventon seems to be stuggling with support.

My original battery latch was plastic and it cracked and fell apart. I contacted Aventon, and they sent me a metal replacement latch. This was back in January of this year - lately looks like Aventon seems to be stuggling with support.
How exactly did you contact them? There are so many routes for chatting and I'd be curious to know how you were successful. My Level.2 battery latch was loose when I got my new bike, and couldn't figure out how to tighten it, and apparently it gave way and fell off the bike somewhere on my last ride.

Thanks DryBear. I ended up calling them after using their chat system. Amazingly they picked up almost immediately, and without much prompt at all they recognized the outstanding ticket from the chat system. At first they said the part was on backorder for a month but the next day I got a shipping notice. We shall see if it fits.

I bought a used Aventon Level 2 and have found the battery release latch broken. As a result I am unable to remove the battery. Fortunately, the on bike charging port seems to work but I would like to be able to remove the battery for charging if not at home. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue. I found one post swshana from Aug 2022 noting their latch broke and were waiting on replacement but no further posts. Hopefully someone out there has some experience.

UPDATE 6/26/23
Per a mechanic at USA ebikes in Denver, this a known issue with the Level 2 (at least previously manufactured models) shipping with a fragile plastic part. They fortunately had a metal replacement part in stock and were able to put on in <5 minutes. No reply from Aventon to date.
Can you share where you got the metal replacement? Mine just broke into 5 pieces.

UPDATE 6/26/23
Can you share where you got the metal replacement? My latch just broke into 5 pieces.

Back