2 Questions from an E-bike Newbie

leehop71

Local time
1:20 AM
I’ve heard that before you purchase a bike online make sure you can verify that a local shop will work in THAT particular model, or you could be up a creek if you need maintenance and/or repair?

Those of you that HAVE ordered online, do they normally come pre-assembled or do you have to assemble, and if so, isn’t it also a good idea to have a local technician check it out before riding in case of any tweaks that might need to be done?

If you want support from a local bike shop, buy the bike there.

Otherwise, for 99% of all online purchases, you are on your own.

If you can handle a wrench without hurting yourself, there are detailed vids on youtube about just about everything you will need to do.

What ElHegpah said. If you're not handy with wrenches and screwdrivers you had best stick to a local bike shop. There are some eBike specialty shops popping up as well that will service what they sell.

What ElHegpah said. If you're not handy with wrenches and screwdrivers you had best stick to a local bike shop. There are some eBike specialty shops popping up as well that will service what they sell.
Actually, Lectric Bikes has a local shop that do work ON their bikes!

IF I do go the folding bike route, I will probably go with them as their bikes also come completely assembled!

Call the shop personally and verify that they will work on a bike purchased online. Ask them specifically if they will do warranty work at no charge, including BOTH parts and labor, on the brand they support.

Back