Swapping out BMS to BMS w/active balancing?

J

James340

Is balancing the cells that important? Would it be as easy as attaching the new BMS to the original wires?I found BMS on AliExpress for $25 USD.

In order: Yes and Not Really. This is one of those jobs where if you have to ask stuff like this its best not to try and make this your first learning experience, since the consequences of failure can be ... incendiary. Especially if you are thinking of buying an unvetted BMS on AliExpress.

I'd suggest going to Endless Sphere and asking how best to proceed. Over there you will find the place is loaded with people who have direct experience with what is a smart buy.

In order: Yes and Not Really. This is one of those jobs where if you have to ask stuff like this its best not to try and make this your first learning experience, since the consequences of failure can be ... incendiary. Especially if you are thinking of buying an unvetted BMS on AliExpress.

I'd suggest going to Endless Sphere and asking how best to proceed. Over there you will find the place is loaded with people who have direct experience with what is a smart buy.
I googled it.I did see the brand Dalay being used & multiple recommendations for the brand.

You mean 'Daly' I hope? If its spelled 'Dalay' then its a knockoff with a slightly mispelled name like 'Shinano' (seriously, thats a thing).

You mean 'Daly' I hope? If its spelled 'Dalay' then its a knockoff with a slightly mispelled name like 'Shinano' (seriously, thats a thing).
Faulty memory.Yeah Lots of Intellectual property theft in China.I was looking at Daly BMS store seems to be the manufacturer but there's multiple Daly sellers that I don't trust

Back