Multi day rides in Colorado.

Hi there,
I'm preparing for a group 5-day ride this summer where multiple e-bikes will need charging. I'm wondering if you've tackled this problem. I think all I need are the specifications for; 1) load of the charger on the 120v outlet (current or wattage), 2) time it takes to charge the battery (let's say from 20% to 80%).

I have an e-truck and was wondering if my truck battery could fill the bill.
Thanks -- Pat

Hello Pat,

My plan is to pull a 1000 watt Honda generator behind me on a trailer. It takes 3 hours to charge my battery to 100% but like you I think charging it to 80% will be much quicker and more efficient. I'm no electrician but I would plug a power meter into an outlet then your charger to find the wattage of all the bikes. See if it is under the specs of your trucks outlet.
If I were to go on a trip with multiple riders I think I would bring my Honda 2000 generator along, it would likely handle 3 or 4 chargers at once.
Please let me know how things work out. Too bad your not closer to Colorado!

Take care,
Gerald

Thanks Gerald.
I like the idea of plugging in a power meter to check on the charge wattage. Our trip is in September, to the Wallowa mountains near Enterprise/Joseph Oregon. I think I'll do some testing between now and then to make sure I have capacity -- and backup ;-)

I appreciate the quick reply. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

- Pat

Back