Motor & controller advice.

DieselTech

Local time
12:28 AM
If I had a Suzuki rm125 dirt bike with a bad engine. If I gutted the bike. Would this motor & controller be enough power for a build like that. Would it be torquey & have road speed. 50-60mph.

My dumb question? Would this motor & controller be too much power for a custom built stretched out 26" cruiser bike?

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20231021-004231_Chrome.jpg

There are OLD ebike builders, and there are BOLD ebike builders.

There are no OLD, BOLD ebike builders. Unless they never ride their creations.

Take a long, hard look at a Surron frame, and then do the same for the frame you are considering. Also examine brakes, tires, rims, etc.

Motorcycle engines belong on motorcycle frames.

Yes that will work on this bike

It'll be crazy fast though when you tune it for street riding with the proper battery, at least 72v 60ah.

Of course if youd rather though...use it on an actual surron bike like intended to for offroad use....
or do your idea ;)

As you see bro..you'll get different answers here...LOL Take it all with understanding ;)

Stay Safe! :cool:

HP

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes that will work on this bike

It'll be crazy fast though when you tune it for street riding with the proper battery, at least 72v 60ah.

Of course if youd rather though...use it on an actual surron bike like intended to for offroad use....
or do your idea ;)

As you see bro..you'll get different answers here...LOL Take it all with understanding ;)

Stay Safe! :cool:

HP
Yeah a micargi stretch would be cool with that setup. What would make it even cooler is if a guy could make it belt drive. Use a motorcycle belt or a T-belt setup.

Lmfao it might be cheaper to just buy a Sur Ron to disassemble for a parts bike. I think Sur Ron's start at about $4000.

Lol I bet it would be sleeper bicycle, till you rolled the throttle back.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah run a fatty 19" motorcycle rear wheel, with a 21" pizza cutter front wheel up front for that Chop look. Then use a 8" over sportster springer front fork.

I think to do this build right I would be in it for around $6000.
Screenshot_20231021-084753_Chrome.jpg

I told ya brother, this really gets expensive when we start to build highway speed emotorcycles with pedals LOL
:ROFLMAO:

Make friends at shady biker bars so you can source parts on the cheap ;)

I told ya brother, this really gets expensive when we start to build highway speed emotorcycles with pedals LOL
:ROFLMAO:

Make friends at shady biker bars so you can source parts on the cheap ;)
I used to ride a Harley for years. I got biker buds! Yeah I think any ebike built by components, gets expensive quick.

If I had a Suzuki rm125 dirt bike with a bad engine. If I gutted the bike. Would this motor & controller be enough power for a build like that. Would it be torquey & have road speed. 50-60mph.

My dumb question? Would this motor & controller be too much power for a custom built stretched out 26" cruiser bike?

Thoughts?

View attachment 11460
I wonder how this would do on a gokart with a 4 speed transmission :unsure:

Back