mid drive wont roll backwards

tdgamble

Local time
5:36 PM
so my new mid drive motor did something weird on a test drive yesterday. sometimes I can't roll the bike backwards. I've been able to pull throttle to move forward and then I was able to roll back. but now it's doing it again.
I took the rear wheel off to see if maybe it's the casette freewheel but I don't really know how to check that.

please help

Did you create this motor all by yourself from tin cans and some string, or does it perhaps have a brand name and a model number?

Hit it with a big rock until it stops.

Did you create this motor all by yourself from tin cans and some string, or does it perhaps have a brand name and a model number?

Hit it with a big rock until it stops.
sorry it's the cyc x1 stealth gen 3. I took the rear wheel off and the casette seems to freewheel just fine when I hold it in my hand and spin the tire so I don't think that's the problem.

sorry it's the cyc x1 stealth gen 3. I took the rear wheel off and the casette seems to freewheel just fine when I hold it in my hand and spin the tire so I don't think that's the problem.
I would suggest talking to the company you bought the unit from. This would always be my first move with any product I have a problem with.

What happens if you turn the display/motor off do you still have a problem with it rolling backwards? If so I would look for some mechanical issues with in the motor itself. Remove the drive chain see if the front sprocket and motor drive sprockets both move freely in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. If not that more information to pass to the engineers of the drive system.

I would suggest talking to the company you bought the unit from. This would always be my first move with any product I have a problem with.

What happens if you turn the display/motor off do you still have a problem with it rolling backwards? If so I would look for some mechanical issues with in the motor itself. Remove the drive chain see if the front sprocket and motor drive sprockets both move freely in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. If not that more information to pass to the engineers of the drive system.
it was actually the free hub in my rear tire. I took everything apart to figure it out. I've been in touch with cyc the entire time they're just slow to respond.

Back