LCD Display doesn’t turn on

Omegalpha

Local time
10:35 PM
I tested a new front hub motor with new controller and display was working and the throttle was working and made the wheel turn. Then a few hours later I wanted to test again and the LCD display would not turn on. Would a short in the throttle connection cause the controller to fail? The throttle I had had a connector that didn’t fit so I stripped the wires.

I tested with a multimeter and there is a voltage on the red and black wires to the LCD display. I bought a new display as well but it doesn’t seem to turn on either. Display doesn’t turn on and The throttle doesn’t work.

It seems like the controller has a problem, but it is new and I just got it. Could some kind of short cause the controller to fail? Hoping someone could help me fix this problem.

Here are Pictures of the LCD connections.
85CB99C8-E160-47B5-81C7-76E574437AA2.jpeg
5427274F-ED69-43F3-9EEC-0A6AD4910EA3.jpeg

Pictures are fairly helpful, so we can see what you are working with, like the brand and style.

I hate to say this but those bare wires cannot be good just dangling like that.
I'd just go ahead and get another/better controller and display, that's just my own opinion :)

So... you have the two bare wires, with exposed copper, actually ziptied together so they remain close to each other??? No electrical tape, no nothing??? Harvest time in Cali, maybe???

Pro tip, here, son.... When working with electrical devices, especially ones with some electronics involved, when you have two wires, a pos and a neg, you want to take SPECIAL CARE to not let the copper part touch when it is not supposed to.

Could have fried the controller, or the display, or both, hard to say.

For starters, I would cut the freakin zip tie, SEPERATE those frickin wires, like by a few FEET, do ALL this with power AND display AND controller disconnected, then reconnect and test again, before you buy new parts.

When you are all done, educate ALL your friends, neighbors, and especially relatives on how to NOT be a dumbass.`

Back