Controllers for 14s lithium battery pack

Simo

Local time
9:12 PM
I have a lithium battery which I have built myself. It is 14s, so has a nominal voltage of 50.4, but will range from 58.8v when fully charged to ~42v when fully discharged. The BMS I have used limits the current to 35 amps, so it should be able to produce 1500-1800w depending on the charge remaining.

My question is if anyone has a similar setup and can recommend any controllers for these specs. My bike is currently fitted out with this Vevor motor and controller (BLDC 3 phase), but the controller is designed for lead-acid batteries so it only has a voltage range of 50-54v. Because of this, I'm only able to use a small fraction of my battery's full range. After a bit of riding the motor/controller will cut out while l go up a hill. My guess here is that my battery voltage is dropping below the controller's 50v lower limit, due to voltage sag and the controller is cutting the load. But I haven't confirmed this.

I'm having trouble finding a controller online that matches the spec of the battery (42-58.8v, 35A for 3Phase DC). I'll probably give this one a go, it ticks most of the boxes but looks like it is limited by power rather than by amps, so I don't think I'll be able to fully utilize the lower end of my battery range.

I have a lithium battery which I have built myself. It is 14s, so has a nominal voltage of 50.4, but will range from 58.8v when fully charged to ~42v when fully discharged. The BMS I have used limits the current to 35 amps, so it should be able to produce 1500-1800w depending on the charge remaining.

My question is if anyone has a similar setup and can recommend any controllers for these specs. My bike is currently fitted out with this Vevor motor and controller (BLDC 3 phase), but the controller is designed for lead-acid batteries so it only has a voltage range of 50-54v. Because of this, I'm only able to use a small fraction of my battery's full range. After a bit of riding the motor/controller will cut out while l go up a hill. My guess here is that my battery voltage is dropping below the controller's 50v lower limit, due to voltage sag and the controller is cutting the load. But I haven't confirmed this.

I'm having trouble finding a controller online that matches the spec of the battery (42-58.8v, 35A for 3Phase DC). I'll probably give this one a go, it ticks most of the boxes but looks like it is limited by power rather than by amps, so I don't think I'll be able to fully utilize the lower end of my battery range.
Look at the Sabvoton 45a controller. It can use a voltage from 36-72volts & the controller is fully programmable via computer or bluetooth thru your phone.

Back