Clicking noise?

Greg47

Local time
5:16 PM
I get an intermittent clicking @ 1 second apart, in my 26” fat tire, bafang 750w mid drive, 7 speed rear sprocket bike. It’s what I use in the woods, It’s mostly happening when I’m not pedaling, just using the throttle. annoying when I’m trying to sneak around the woods, sounding like I’m playing castanets .
any ideas? Cause?, remedy?
thanks.
greg

Check the pawl clutch inside the chainring side cover.

Also for s h its and gigles check everywhere anything could stick...like up around the top of forks and inside the fenders.

Hmmmmm.....check the rear cassette assembly as well.

Noises just pop up out of nowhere it seems and they are a booger to find sometimes....

Also be sure to Torque down the bottom bracket nut and lock nut

How straight is the chain line between the front chainring and your middle sprocket in the back?

Bafang installations often push that front chainring out away from the frame to some degree. If your problem is mainly in the lower gears you might need a Lekkie chainring. It will hold the teeth in a pie plate-like shape over the motor and pull the chain line in closer to the bike frame.

Its either that or you can buy a guitar to play along with the castanets. ;)

How straight is the chain line between the front chainring and your middle sprocket in the back?

Bafang installations often push that front chainring out away from the frame to some degree. If your problem is mainly in the lower gears you might need a Lekkie chainring. It will hold the teeth in a pie plate-like shape over the motor and pull the chain line in closer to the bike frame.

Its either that or you can buy a guitar to play along with the castanets. ;)
Seems to be the same through all the gears, of course some are better aligned with the front sprocket than others.

Have checked all the suggestions, replaced the freewheel and chain, with more changes. I’m beginning to think, it’s normal with a freewheel system (on a fat tire) mid drive. My wife’s mid drive with cassette is super quiet. I’m going to take the freewheel apart and put some grease in it to see if it quiets down. If not I’ll just get used to it.

Back