Still having that clanking noise .. ready to give up.

It's a bit of a stretch but you seem to have replaced and/or checked pretty much everything except the rear disc brake system. I convert most of my builds to disc's using homemade mounting brackets and have found ensuing the disc runs straight inside the caliper with minimal clearance for the brake pads is important. The caliper mounts usually have a small bit of adjustability, they are slotted to allow some alignment.
Thanks. I tried disconnecting and removing the calipers early on. Didn’t change. I also changed out the entire rear wheel assembly to go to a cassette system and replaced the brakes with hydraulic calipers. I don’t think that’s my problem. Also, it continues with light brake pressure on the rear brake.
Appreciate your input.
Greg

You said in first thread the noise only occurs when you run the motor. maybe someone can help you hold up the bike while you run the motor and try and pinpoint the source. Place your hand on the motor to see if you can feel the clicking.

You said in first thread the noise only occurs when you run the motor. maybe someone can help you hold up the bike while you run the motor and try and pinpoint the source. Place your hand on the motor to see if you can feel the clicking.
It’s definitely coming from the rear hub. But changed the hub and wheel completely, thinking it might be better with a cassette system, and it didn’t change. I’m thinking it has to be pulsing from the motor. Thinking of replacing the motor stator & rotor or the controller.
Curious as to what would be more likely to be the culprit. Would rather not change both.
Thanks,
Greg

have ya checked to make sure it's not the chain hitting the deraileur bolt..

If your chain ring or derailleur pulleys are wide/ narrow, make sure that they are aligning correctly with the chain. That can possibly make the noise you are describing. I have experienced this.

If your chain ring or derailleur pulleys are wide/ narrow, make sure that they are aligning correctly with the chain. That can possibly make the noise you are describing. I have experienced this.
Have checked that. Even changed the chain & deraileur. Align well in the middle gears. Does the clank in all gears. But some worse than others. More load

Just a wild guess, but you might check the tension on all your rear spokes. I was having an similar noise on my rear tire and I eventually found some loose spokes.

Back