Bontrager SSR rims and 750 watt mid drive motor

J

James340

I have a 1990s road bike that I would like to "convert". These are rims with about half as many spokes as conventional 700c rims.I just wanted help for longer distances.I live rural Arizona and want to go farther than my legs alone can get me .

I have a 1990s road bike that I would like to "convert". These are rims with about half as many spokes as conventional 700c rims.I just wanted help for longer distances.I live rural Arizona and want to go farther than my legs alone can get me .
BBS02 kit with a 48v 20ah battery will do you just fine, the more ah the battery has the farther you can go in the saddle :)

Welcome to the forums, by the way :cat:

Make sure they are tensioned properly and don't go gungho on the throttle and you'll be just fine.

I had a set of these on a specialized sirrus i put together with a BBS02 and a 52v 30ah battery and i feel as though i never should have sold it

I had these same style rims, https://www.ebay.com/itm/374141359670

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
and be sure to learn to shift properly on some flt land with no sand. (y)

Just curious why such a big battery?I have a Trek multi track 750 that I converted.1000 watt DD hub motor and UPP 48 volt 14.4 ah 21700 LG cell.It will get a total of 40 miles at 25 miles per hour using+-250 watt continuous power.That is multiple 8 to 10 mile rides.The mid drive is for a MASI CX.

Just curious why such a big battery?I have a Trek multi track 750 that I converted.1000 watt DD hub motor and UPP 48 volt 14.4 ah 21700 LG cell.It will get a total of 40 miles at 25 miles per hour using+-250 watt continuous power.That is multiple 8 to 10 mile rides.The mid drive is for a MASI CX.
Oh you said you wanted help going further than your own legs would take you.
That's why i mentioned to you about the more ah the longer time in the saddle you will have.

Now, you said you pedal so in essence, you'll get crazy more range out of a 25ah battery on that setup than you would a 14.4ah battery.

I'd imagine You'd get over 60 miles at 20-25 miles per hour ... possibly more considering you like to pedal ;)

Let's see some pics :)

That isnt a big battery lol

a 60v 45ah is a bit bigger.
My next one will be a 72v 65ah LiFePO4 battery but that might have to wait until next year :unsure:

Oh you said you wanted help going further than your own legs would take you.
That's why i mentioned to you about the more ah the longer time in the saddle you will have.

Now, you said you pedal so in essence, you'll get crazy more range out of a 25ah battery on that setup than you would a 14.4ah battery.

I'd imagine You'd get over 60 miles at 20-25 miles per hour ... possibly more considering you like to pedal ;)

Let's see some pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_104121409.jpg
    IMG_20231112_104121409.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 47
A unique way to attach a flashlight I use for a headlight.It is for mounting a optic to a rifle repurposed to a headlight

Back