Battery voltage

bnu

Local time
9:45 AM
I've have notice after a full charge 58.7v after a 10min ride that my voltage starts to decrease faster than my battery level can anyone help figure out what is needed to fix or wats the problem

Voltage is related to battery capacity but they are not the same thing, and the rate of change varies significantly as capacity decreases.

Exactly how your display calculates "battery level" is unknown, capacity is not really easily measurable, just guessed at based on the voltage.

I have a JP trigger display that shows the battery level n a key ignition that display the voltage

Most state of charge (SOC) bar indicators are poor, voltage is better but takes learning. Voltage drops faster at beginning and end of cycle. Jot down voltage and mileage for rides and you get the idea. Also look up volt vrs power graphs for li ion batts. Best indicator is watt hours used but few systems show it. Tongsheng open source firmware is only one I know.

have a YUME scooter 52v battery 2 charging ports
I was told by the supplier to charge after each ride so ull have full power wen u get back on to ride is this true
does anyone know

Depends on the length of the ride, how much power you use, the storage capacity of the battery. I have never charged any of my bike batteries after every ride. Is that seems extreme to me.

I was told by the supplier to charge after each ride so ull have full power wen u get back on to ride is this true
does anyone know
lots of sellers of ebikes and battery give that VERY BAD advice to always keep your battery fully charged. it will shorten the life of the batterys and they don't want to you take proper care of them or get 3 to 10 times the life out of them as one will if they abuse the battery.

its a very bad idea and very bad for Lithium batteries to fully charge them every time you are done riding unless you are going to use it again right away. keeping one fully charged and then not using them for a while will kill their capacity. Also leaving one drained all the way is also bad for them. You will get much longer life and many times more charge cycles if you never let your battery get completely drained and when you get done riding and as soon as the battery is cooled recharge it to bring it back up to about %60 to 80% full then take it off the charger. esp if you know you are not going to be using it again right away. also if you ever have a fully charged battery and need to store it for a while such as in the winter time or if you're going to know you're not going to be riding your bike for a while DO NOT leave it 100% full for long period of time.

How To Double The Life Of Your Lithium Batteries​

I've have notice after a full charge 58.7v after a 10min ride that my voltage starts to decrease faster than my battery level can anyone help figure out what is needed to fix or wats the problem
most bikes charge indicators or power meters don't really show a real accurate level. But it is sort of normal for the first bar to drop pretty quickly as you use some power and drain the battery some. But as others pointed out the most accurate way to know your % or charge is to measure the voltage and then compare it to a voltage-to-charge state chart for your battery

does anyone know
Standard Lithium battery maintenance is a) Never hold battery over 80% for long period of time, once its charged unplug the charger b) Never discharge beyond 25% c) If battery discharges below 60-70% and subsequently recharges it's considered a "cycle", 300-500 "cycles" can be expected from a high quality lithium cell. As such, if the battery is above 70%, recharging back to 100% is not considered a cycle, so recharge away after those short rides, just make sure to unplug once fully charged.

lots of sellers of ebikes and battery give that VERY BAD advice to always keep your battery fully charged. it will shorten the life of the batterys and they don't want to you take proper care of them or get 3 to 10 times the life out of them as one will if they abuse the battery.

its a very bad idea and very bad for Lithium batteries to fully charge them every time you are done riding unless you are going to use it again right away. keeping one fully charged and then not using them for a while will kill their capacity. Also leaving one drained all the way is also bad for them. You will get much longer life and many times more charge cycles if you never let your battery get completely drained and when you get done riding and as soon as the battery is cooled recharge it to bring it back up to about %60 to 80% full then take it off the charger. esp if you know you are not going to be using it again right away. also if you ever have a fully charged battery and need to store it for a while such as in the winter time or if you're going to know you're not going to be riding your bike for a while DO NOT leave it 100% full for long period of time.

How To Double The Life Of Your Lithium Batteries​

Thank you
I have another question not sure I asked u already here goes 1 battery has 2 charging ports can I connect both ports to gather n charge as 1
To be honest I don't understand the concept of 1 battery 52v runs 2 motor controllers 2 outputs 2 inputs can someone help me understand how it works

Back