1000w scooter LITERALLY almost killed me, so I bought Keteles k800 2000w bike

I didn't know anything about helmets before but i know a lot now. My last helmet was rated for min of 200 G forces (means realistically 250+) motorcycle helmets like i have now are rated for 400+ G forces.

If i had a 400G motorcycle helmet on, would I have still gotten a concussion? Anyone know the answer to that?
maybe you ought to slow down and be more careful its a wonder you didnt seriously harm yourself remember this old worn out quote" there are old pilots and bold pilots,there are no old and bold pilots" keep hot dogging and the reaper will collect you one day.

I paid $1100 for this scooter Circooter Raptor 14 months ago. It's designed to go off-road so i used it like it was meant to be used! The FRAME broke in half after jumping a curb at 25mph. I was wearing a helmet but still had a concussion, fractured 2 ribs, broke my elbow, damaged my wrist and knee, partially collapsed one of my lungs too!

Anyways, I'm pretty much healed and I upgraded to a 2000w Keteles k800.

So far I like it but it didn't come with instruction manual or anything and info online is scarce

I should have never bought a scooter to begin with but man are they fun to ride lol
Well if you were if it dint kill ya the 1st time, try,try again I guess. Frame on my !st e-bike had asymmetric stays which gradually
warped to the point of being unridable, so slow death. i've only outright busted a frame old an old $15 huffer. Always a rush.

A picture of the roman sampietrini:

View attachment 13242
you need some care driving on that kind of pavement on two wheels.
That type of paving stone is all over Europe, yet I still saw women walking in high heels. I can't imagine how!

Yes, it seems quite treacherous. Discourages anything but walking. There are no problems with skateboarders in those areas, hehehe.

That type of paving stone is all over Europe, yet I still saw women walking in high heels. I can't imagine how!
[Roman pride mode ON] Sorry but they are not. There are similar pavements all over the world but the one in Rome are different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampietrini [Roman pride mode OFF] :D

Then...I agree with the rest of your sentence. From the same wikipedia page:
In July 2005, the mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni, declared that the Sampietrini pavement was causing problems: its irregularity could be dangerous to moped riders and other two-wheeled vehicles; heavy vehicles passing over it created noise and vibrations damaging to adjacent buildings. While these concerns were countered with the argument that inadequate maintenance was at fault, Veltroni said that the Sampietrini would be removed, reserving them solely for pedestrian streets.
But are so beautiful, and so part of the unique historic environment that everybody protested, so they are still covering most of the historic centre and some of the rest of the town.

And by the way: [lecture mode ON] the name sampietrini comes from "San Pietro" aka St. Peter. The first documented use in Rome of "sampietrini" stones was during the reign of Pope Pius V (1566–72) (again from wikipedia) [lecture mode OFF]

p.s. btw, I am an atheist :eek:, just to avoid misunderstandings... :cool: I know that this will not make me more popular with the American audience here :ROFLMAO:, but this is it.

[Roman pride mode ON] Sorry but they are not. There are similar pavements all over the world but the one in Rome are different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampietrini [Roman pride mode OFF] :D

Then...I agree with the rest of your sentence. From the same wikipedia page:

But are so beautiful, and so part of the unique historic environment that everybody protested, so they are still covering most of the historic centre and some of the rest of the town.

And by the way: the name sampietrini comes from "San Pietro" aka St. Peter. The first documented use in Rome of "sampietrini" stones was during the reign of Pope Pius V (1566–72) (again from wikipedia)

p.s. btw, I am an atheist :eek:, just to avoid misunderstandings... :cool: I know that this will not make me more popular with the American audience here :ROFLMAO:, but this is it.
Interesting! Thanks for the education on Roman paving stones! You're absolutely right, the paving stones I'm thinking of are just sampietrinit-shaped bricks. I particularly got a chuckle out of this part:

The widespread availability of sampietrini made it a weapon of choice in Italian riots since the 1960s.

I'm atheist too; there are lots of us in the USA, esp. in the more urban areas.

What's funny is that my favorite things to see in Europe are the old cathedrals; I can't WAIT to see St. Peter's one day!

This Church of St. Andrew in Krakow made an impression on me when I was there. The steps leading in are marble, but since people have been walking on it for almost 1,000 years, there is a groove worn. That was very humbling to me.

Interesting! Thanks for the education on Roman paving stones! You're absolutely right, the paving stones I'm thinking of are just sampietrinit-shaped bricks. I particularly got a chuckle out of this part:
Oh, it's a pretty common "sport" as of today. I was a teenager in the most violent protest period (you may have heard about the Red Brigades :rolleyes:).

However, let me say that those bricks are pretty heavy and personally I do not think I could throw them more than 5 meters away :confused:. The point is that they are very easy to be removed from the pavement, therefore, if you lack of everything else...

but people usually use much smaller, handy stones and hand-crafted... Molotov bottles. Just to say. :D But they use the word "sampietrini" now for everything solid and heavy thrown at the other party...

I miss my scooters sometimes, they were so handy, if you had to take your car in for repair, just fold it up put it in the trunk and ride home. I had a lower power one that would only do 18 MPH, it had 8" pneumatic tires that floated over sidewalk cracks etc. I would take it to the store, put it in the cart and pick a few things up (no worry about locking it up outside). They make really light units you can carry around easy ( on the bus etc.), very small storage required as well, they reminded me of a magic carpet.:)

Back