RidStar Q20 Extra Battery

SprocketMan

Local time
8:06 AM
Hi everyone. I just purchased the RidStar Q20, 48V 20ah 20" bike, and I want to get another battery for extra distance here in the mountains of Montana. I have done a little research, but the prOblem I'm running into on ebay is that the sellers on ebay for the most part are not able to communicate in English. Can someone recommend a place to purchase a battery? This is a 10ah I found on ebay, but I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them whether it will plug and play on my bike. I'm looking for a 20AH any way. https://www.ebay.com/itm/314800748046?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=d99e29879c444f9a9f691c63dafab10a&bu=43155990242&osub=-1~1&crd=20230926004047&segname=11051
s-l1600.png

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You can make anything fit really.

Does the cradle where the actuall battery fits onto look the same, like with the blade connectors or does the new one you want different connectors?

Should be able to get most any hailong battery to plug right up really.
Are you wanting to run 2 batteries or is this a replacement?

You can make anything fit really.

Does the cradle where the actuall battery fits onto look the same, like with the blade connectors or does the new one you want different connectors?

Should be able to get most any hailong battery to plug right up really.
Are you wanting to run 2 batteries or is this a replacement?
I want to have a spare battery I can just quickly change to. Preferably 20ah, when I go on a long ride.

Could be as simple as getting a new battery, 48v 20 or 25ah battery with a xt60 connector (does yours have the xt60 connector?)
so you can swap them out with the change of a plug...make sense?

Are you just having trouble finding good batteries?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You would need to examine your mounting cradle carefully, likely from underneath, then determine which pins are the Pos and Neg for your current battery, then verify that the replacement uses the same pin layout, which will take some detailed searching. These are not at all standardized.

You could just poke and hope, but that could activate some of the expensive smoke chips if the layout is different.

Or you can match the cable connector (the yellow plug in the picture) from your current cradle to the controller, with the new battery, and rig a secondary mount on top of the cradle, or mount elsewhere.

Or...

You could get this battery then add an XT60 connector or whatever connector your bike has then you'll have alot of
saddle time to wave at people :)

Could be as simple as getting a new battery, 48v 20 or 25ah battery with a xt60 connector (does yours have the xt60 connector?)
so you can swap them out with the change of a plug...make sense?

Are you just having trouble finding good batteries?

My problem is I can't seem to find what I want on amazon. I've had some bad luck with Scam Artist Chinese Sellers on ebay in the past. This is what my connections look like. The charger plug in that picture looks different.

Attachments

• IMG_0298 2.JPG
    IMG_0298 2.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 196
Or...

You could get this battery then add an XT60 connector or whatever connector your bike has then you'll have alot of
saddle time to wave at people :)

That one is way over priced for 20Amp at $300

I had already placed an order. I have received the track and trace and expect to receive it on Wednesday. I will let it know if I have received.

Hi everyone. I just purchased the RidStar Q20, 48V 20ah 20" bike, and I want to get another battery for extra distance here in the mountains of Montana. I have done a little research, but the prOblem I'm running into on ebay is that the sellers on ebay for the most part are not able to communicate in English. Can someone recommend a place to purchase a battery? This is a 10ah I found on ebay, but I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them whether it will plug and play on my bike. I'm looking for a 20AH any way. https://www.ebay.com/itm/314800748046?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=d99e29879c444f9a9f691c63dafab10a&bu=43155990242&osub=-1~1&crd=20230926004047&segname=11051View attachment 10918
Onwego is a siteis on aliexpress. I was very satisfied with the backup battery I bought for my Kepler. There’s always some risk in buying these but if you measure very carefully it should be ok. The way I figured it was since the original came from china anyway, why worry too much about that.

Back