Riding sand-protection?

Ehinrj01

Local time
12:26 PM
I purchased an Aventon Aventure.2. Most of my riding will be on sandy forest service roads in Michigan. Are there any precautions/mods I should take to protect vulnerable parts from sand damage?

Keep it clean. Use a brush to remove sand and dirt. Use dry lubes that don't attract and hold sand and grit. I'll use low pressure air over a brush sometimes if I'm in a hurry but I prefer a brush. I use wipes to clean the bike instead of soap and water. Spraying water from a hose on a e-bike willingly is something I try to avoid.

Keep it clean. Use a brush to remove sand and dirt. Use dry lubes that don't attract and hold sand and grit. I'll use low pressure air over a brush sometimes if I'm in a hurry but I prefer a brush. I use wipes to clean the bike instead of soap and water. Spraying water from a hose on a e-bike willingly is something I try to avoid.
Thanks! Also wondering about sand and dust getting into battery compartment. Is it sealed pretty well or should I put tape or something around the edges of the battery to prevent sand from getting in? Maybe it isn’t even a concern. Not sure.

Back