Power issue

Krixs

Local time
12:15 PM
Hello. So I bought used e bike. Everything was looking good, but it had no battery. I ordered new battery (same as original). Finally got battery delivered and of course as I turn the bike on the display turns on for 1 sec and then shuts down. Can some one tell me the problem ?

Could be the low voltage cutoff.

Have you charged the battery to full before you installed it onto the ebike?

I charged it to like 60% because it's winter and I don't want to leave it full for a while. You think it should go off like that with 60% on?

I charged it to like 60% because it's winter and I don't want to leave it full for a while. You think it should go off like that with 60% on?
can you get to the settings in your display or the controller?

check low voltage cut off but yeah 60% is quite high to be shutting down uhnless a cell or cell group is going bad...

what brand is the ebike you have? we need more info ;)

i'd just start by simply unplugging everything then plug only the battery....controller...display....throttle...brakes...
one at a time then try to turn the display on right after each thing is connected...make sense?

For pewps and giggle check the battery connection terminals too....be sure they are clean and free of oxidation and
connect up really tight.

This is usually the culprit when the display just goes off after you turn it on.

doesnt matter if they tell you the battery is brand new, it could have been sitting in a cargo ship at sea for 7 months LOL

Anyway, those are things to check, I hope ya get it figured out.

Keep us posted as to how things are going :)

Will try tha
For pewps and giggle check the battery connection terminals too....be sure they are clean and free of oxidation and
connect up really tight.

This is usually the culprit when the display just goes off aft
Will try that tomorrow.
connect up really tight.

This is usually the culprit when the display just goes off after you turn it on.

doesnt matter if they tell you the battery is brand new, it could have been sitting in a cargo ship at sea for 7 months LOL

Anyway, those are things to check, I hope ya get it figured out.

Keep us posted as to how things are going :)
I hope not :D well it was charging, so I guess that's good. But if the charger is plugged in shouldn't the display stay on?

I hope not :D well it was charging, so I guess that's good. But if the charger is plugged in shouldn't the display stay on?
not if you have a bad connection inside the battery case that terminates the power to the display when the display and battery are both
switched on.

not if you have a bad connection inside the battery case that terminates the power to the display when the display and battery are both
switched on.
So I took of the motor and of course I got scammed. All cut up and taped. Dude said everything worked and hi didn't touch anything. Gonna bring it to workshop I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_20240130_141258.jpg
    IMG_20240130_141258.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 35
So I took of the motor and of course I got scammed. All cut up and taped. Dude said everything worked and hi didn't touch anything. Gonna bring it to workshop I guess.
that is a mess. Do you feel comfortable rewiring it?

Back