HELP - Could anyone help me identify this problem? My bike sounds like its getting destroyed..

poracaso92

Local time
6:43 AM

It started having these issues after it got a new cassete + chain and I have no idea whats happening now... Im afraid to take it to the shop again since the guy there told me that the motor needed some "maintenance" after he checked the insides, and I had the idea that a EBike doesnt need much maintenance in the motor department...

its an Thomus E1 EMTB, with a Shimano E8000 motor.

Thanks guys!

It started having these issues after it got a new cassete + chain and I have no idea whats happening now... Im afraid to take it to the shop again since the guy there told me that the motor needed some "maintenance" after he checked the insides, and I had the idea that a EBike doesnt need much maintenance in the motor department...

its an Thomus E1 EMTB, with a Shimano E8000 motor.

Thanks guys!
I would reach out to tech support at Shimano for information of required maintenance. The shop could be trying to make work for themselves.

Sooo.... Let me get this right. You have a problem, which started AFTER some nameless individual or group of people, replaced your cassette and chain, for no obvious reason??? AND, these components, they are at the REAR of the bike, OK?

And you think, that a video, of the FRONT of the bike, would be somehow useful in solving this problem?????

State WHY the chain and casette were replaced. What Went Wrong?

State WHO did the replacement.

Next, turn the damn thing upside down on some padding, and take a video of the part of the bike THAT THE FREAKING NOISE IS COMING FROM!!!

Time the noise. It is rhythmic, and regular. Almost certainly rotational. SOMETHING is making ONE revolution per "tik...ker-Chunk" series of noises.

Probably in the rear cassette, or chain tensioner, or something else we can't see, which is what makes WHY components were replaced and WHO replaced them an important piece of information.

We have to judge whether or not whoever did the work might be a complete idiot, someone who did not know one end of the bike from another.

Back