Faulty Gogobest gf700

Robert123

Local time
2:59 PM
I recently brought a Gogobest gf700. It worked ok on the first day only.on the second day after a full night's charge the battery died after about 300 yards only.Now it doesn't take a charge and the bikes power not working (hope this is due to very low battery) So it seems like I have a faulty battery.It may cost too much to return the bike so should I just buy a new battery in the hope that this fixes the problem?

Rob. robertkelly0281@gmail.com

I recently brought a Gogobest gf700. It worked ok on the first day only.on the second day after a full night's charge the battery died after about 300 yards only.Now it doesn't take a charge and the bikes power not working (hope this is due to very low battery) So it seems like I have a faulty battery.It may cost too much to return the bike so should I just buy a new battery in the hope that this fixes the problem?

Rob. robertkelly0281@gmail.com
I didnt think a ebike battery took all night to charge. My 35ah battery on my bike takes about 11hours to fully charge.

Well, 11 hours is overnight.Anyway the battery is not taking a charge now, what should I do, should I buy a new battery?

Do you have a battery repair place near you?

Sounds like a possible loose wire on the BMS board...possibly...... Could be it's now charged upto a bad cell or two .... make sense?

I hope ya find the problem :)

A guy could check the battery with a volt meter to see if its showing any voltage at all. I would say if there is no voltage it could have a bad BMS or possibly a blown internal battery fuse. Possibly to the BMS.

If you bought it new it would seem a call or e-mail to the vendor would be in order. If you bought it used and you are sure the battery is the culprit you can try a battery repair shop.
Bummer not to be able to ride, hope you get it resolved and get back in the saddle.

Well I'm getting a battery of AliExpress for £50 and cutting existing battery out and fitting the new one, at least I will know if bike works.Then I can eventually order a proper new battery from ali, they take 2 months to come from ali.Hope I can resolve this, this is a lovely looking and powerful bike (40kmph)it was to my new pride and joy.The shop Pogocycles should have sent me a new battery, but they are reluctant.

Mate.... suggest you backup a bit... and check a few things - "guessing" what a problem "might be" is expensive - "knowing" what the problem is gives you the "effective solution"... I have attached the GF700 manual so you can check I am talking about the same bike you have..

Do we have the right eBike ?

Go down thru this list and report back at what point you hit a snag...

1. Make sure your eBike is Switched Off
2. Remove the battery
3. Plug your charger into the the wall outlet
4. Plug the charger into the battery
5. What color light on your charger after you plugged into the Battery - Red or Green ?
6. If Red - let charge - check every hr or so to see about when the Chrger Light Turns Green
7. When Charger Light turns Green - unlog the charger from the battery - then unplug charger from the wall.
8. Before you reinstall the battery check ALL cable connections - expecially the cable connections at the back of the display - by "checking" you UNPLUG each connection then CAREFULLY REPLUG each connection.
9. AFTER connections are checked - THEN reinstall the battery making sure it goes on firmly and "locks" into the cradle.
10. Turn your bike ON - what happens ?

Attachments

• GF700_Specification.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
Back