1500w ebike top speed

My god you guys, you are at each others throat! Here is the top speed iv'e tested on my 48v battery

In the winter, I have hit 32mph on flat ground

Not summer yet, so I cant test it. I expect to get upwards of 35 without all my snow gear and warm weather.

The total cost of electronics was $600. Before you kill me, the bike has lasted me 4 months.

My Voilamart does 40mphand i put that kit on a cheap walmart schwinn LOL

Good job mate! :cool:

My friends 1500w DD motor with 48v and 26" wheels will to 35 mph.
Joe and Stealth.jpg

I think it is.

Wind resistance is wind resistance.

Watts to keep moving is a square function.

350W to go 26 mph, 4000 to do 60.

That's the math, and you can't circumvent the math.
you are right, however be careful because the physical law you cite is an approximation (to the second order, to be precise). For cars for example, it is not entirely valid, since there is an optimal speed at which consumption is minimal (they are designed for this. Typically this speed is around 80 kmh)

For bicycles, if you want something more accurate, there are more or less valid models, though not so simple. I got my hands on it some time ago to derive a system to calculate the range on a real path.

It is not a simple thing, it all depends on several parameters, especially at high (50 kmh and more) speed.

Here some websites where you can make estimates, not sure how reliable:

There are 35 Mph 48v bikes I am aware of, but they are 1kw motors. My wife's 48v 750w motor gets her reliably to 28 MPH (45 Km/h). It is an ACTbest Knight folding bike. It is pretty typical for what you can expect out of a geared hub motor.

As many have said, the direct drive (gearless) motors will give more speed, and the penalty of a slower acceleration and hill climbing capability.
Also, as others have said, and increased battery voltage (combined with a controller designed to work at a higher voltage) will get you more top speed for a given motor size. All of the really fast bikes I know of are 60v or more (wired freedom, motorgoat v3).

Forgive my ignorance: is it allowed in the USA (or just in your state) to drive at 45 km/h without liability insurance, an helmet and a special license?

Forgive my ignorance: is it allowed in the USA (or just in your state) to drive at 45 km/h without liability insurance, an helmet and a special license?

In the state i live in and a few surrounding states it is 30mph and NOT above with a 1000w motor and 48v battery system.
However..in a town nearby the police will be getting the "Wired" ebikes that have the 60v batteries so i believe it will change again for different areas in the United States...more so for the "Hunters" and their areas, more or less.

Hopefully we'll have other Americans chime in on this..

get an ecycle and good helmet,wreck a bike at 40 mph and you may come out on the worst end of the deal.

In the state i live in and a few surrounding states it is 30mph and NOT above with a 1000w motor and 48v battery system.
However..in a town nearby the police will be getting the "Wired" ebikes that have the 60v batteries so i believe it will change again for different areas in the United States...more so for the "Hunters" and their areas, more or less.

Hopefully we'll have other Americans chime in on this..
its coming the immature will ruin it for the rest,look what happened in florida( there may be a little more to that story) these videos of riders with fast ebikes never stopping a stop signs is not going to help.

Yes, in the USA it is literally the wild wild west. Cities and States have each set rules for power and speed; some have set no rules at all.
For the cities that have restrictive rules, most are not stringently enforced (unless you are ACTING like a problem).
The strict rulings in Florida was a special case, with many "older" people living in that town who were annoyed by kids on eBikes.
It was amplified by the fatality being a well known and well liked tutor in the community. If you watched the video of the city council meeting, you saw many of the "decision makers" with tears in their eyes as she was discussed; they knew her. It was personal to them.

I ride a dual 1Kw motor bike, and never get anything but a nod from the Police. But my bike is set up as a commuter/mountain bike, with saddlebags, tail light, turn signals, brake light and head light. I am also an older mature rider. It also has a large enough front chainring, that I can pedal at even the top speed of this bike (appearances matter). So many fast bikes have a laughably small front chainring, and you can only ghost-pedal above 25 MPH.

It is also operated on a military base and must pass a security point at the entrance. I pedal, typically in a mid-range peddle assist mode. I don't ride it like a motorcycle (throttle-only, flat out). I never have any problems.

I am thinking of upgrading to one of the 60v 2600W bikes soon. As long as it is ridden reasonably, I am not expecting any problems in Southern Arizona. The bike may need a larger front chainring to avoid the appearance of ghost peddling.

Then why have all that extra power? It is used at contested/congested intersection to keep the time in the "high risk intersection" at a minimum. It allows me to start off and stay with traffic under 30 MPH until safely clear of the intersection. And also, yes, it laughs at hills. Most of the time the bike is operated in single motor mode, as dual motor mode is just overkill and shortens my overall range.

It is certainly different in the USA. For the most part, if you are not exceeding the speed limit, and are peddling, the police are generally not terribly interested in writing a citation. This is especially true if your eBike does not look too much like a motorcycle.

Back