1500w ebike top speed

500w_Of_Power

Local time
3:28 PM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Top speed is highly dependent on rider/cargo weight, battery condition, weather & terrain.
I wouldn't trust any top speed rating for every rider.

You would need to know the Kv rating, or rpm per volt, in order to answer the question. This number is not given for that motor.

Any attempt at an answer is just a guess, and nothing more.

I'm using a Voilamart 1500watt 26 inch rear wheel kit. I currently have 3 of them on 3 different bikes. It claims 34 mph but with alot of air pressure, I have had it up to 37mph, perhaps I had the wind to my back or was slightly downhill, I don't know. Plenty of speed I do know that. I use a 48 volt 20 Ah 50 BMC battery.

Voilamart is a little bit better quality than CSC in my opinion. I have used cheap 1500 watt rear wheel kits but I found them to be out of true, and cheaply made, not as fast, maybe its the controller?. Voilamart gives me perfectly trued wheels, to me its worth the extra hundred bucks. Once a wheel is out of true it's very difficult for the average person to correct it. I had a cheapo setup and the spokes were never even tightened. I complained and they gave it to me for free (returned my money) but it still was never perfectly trued. Eventually I gave it to a family member.

If you want a fast-wound motor, tell them you are going to put it into a 20-24" wheel.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with wattage or manufacturer, it is the number of turns of copper on the stator, which is specifically done in different models to vary torque and speed.

Solve for specific power or speed

If you apply 4000 watts of power, you will ride at groundspeed velocity 59.99 mph.

Which is around 5HP, and falls in line with small motorcycle top speeds.

That is not a correct model to solve for Ebike motorized speed.

You can think of any electric motor as permanently internally "geared". They will take a given wattage and turn it into torque, and speed, with some favoring the first and others the second.

You can get a "1500 watt" motor in a model which will top out at 20MPH, but with good torque, or a different turn count of the same motor, with the same controller and battery, might do 25-28 mph but with less torque.

My 350W motor can outrun some 1000 watt motors, comparing top speed on a similar bike only. Much less hill climbing ability or acceleration, though.

That is not a correct model to solve for Ebike motorized speed.

I think it is.

Wind resistance is wind resistance.

Watts to keep moving is a square function.

350W to go 26 mph, 4000 to do 60.

That's the math, and you can't circumvent the math.

Constants aren't, variables don't.

The real world is not an equation.

Tell you what, instead of spouting random words stuck together pretending to be an intelligent thought, why don't show some actual scientific backing for your claim that page, which has science and math to back it up, is wrong.

Or is this just "your feels" talking?

Frankly - building any eBike - you are limited by Budget as to how close you can be to meeting your Build Objective.

For 1st time Builders - it's not uncommon to focus on either "watts" or "top speed"

The original question the way I read it was target 60kph-65kph = about 40mph WITH these components I have selected

Based on the Specs of the "rear hub kit" - like 35-40ftlbs torque and like max 540 motor/RPM - to get to and over 25mph will take a LOT of pedaling. That battery will be hefty. Frankly overall

If I decided to Build a 40mph eBike today - I would buy a Bafang BBSHD & 60V 20ah 21700 cell battery - and gear the the bike to favor speed.

There are a selection of credible "Brand" eBikes in the $1400-$2000 range that will do 35mph-37mph on the flat/no-wind.

Sure for under a $1000 who wouldn't love to be able to do a 40mph build ?

The RPM that a motor reaches is based on the motor windings. If a motor is designed for 8 RPM per Volt, then at 48V, you'll get a max RPM of 384. If you increase the voltage, then the max RPM can go up higher. But increasing the current will not change the max RPM Of the motor, it will only increase your torque, which can help you accelerate to go faster, but once your wheel is turning faster than the motor can turn, no amount of extra current will get the motor to turn fast enough to accelerate your bike.

You're right that math and science do apply, and the other guy was wrong that real life isn't an equation, everything is an equation, however that doesn't mean that your calculations will always yield the anticipated results in real life, because real life is very complicated and there are likely to be variables impacting the outcome that you haven't considered, as there are so many different factors. And sometimes even when you use all recorded knowledge, to consider and calculate all known relevant variables, the outcome can still be affected by something you did not anticipate, and your results could still vary.

My god you guys, you are at each others throat! Here is the top speed iv'e tested on my 48v battery

In the winter, I have hit 32mph on flat ground

Not summer yet, so I cant test it. I expect to get upwards of 35 without all my snow gear and warm weather.

The total cost of electronics was $600. Before you kill me, the bike has lasted me 4 months.

We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back