• Aventon Pace 500

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Velotric Discover 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ronniebellie

Local time
5:39 PM
My wife and I are planning to buy a couple of new ebikes. We are both 65 years old and plan on retiring soon and then take a couple of months a year traveling around the country riding the many rails-to-trails. We are already planning for the 225 mile Katy Trail across the state of Missouri. We are both in good shape and can manage 35-40 miles for an afternoon ride on regular bikes. We are thinking that with ebikes our range might be 60-70. We have narrowed it down to two bikes and we would like your opinion. This thread includes a poll, but you can also includes your comments. Your insights would be appreciated.

Check the laws where you ride. Rail trails in NY that I know of, don't allow throttle class e-bikes. Only those that give assist 0 to 20 MPH. Good luck & ride safe.

By now you have probably bought and have several hundred miles on your purchase.
I am not disappointed at all that I bought 2 Discover 1's a while back.
Haven't tried any others, but I really like the Velotrics.
My wife was concerned about the weight, but she handles it just fine.

By now you have probably bought and have several hundred miles on your purchase.
I am not disappointed at all that I bought 2 Discover 1's a while back.
Haven't tried any others, but I really like the Velotrics.
My wife was concerned about the weight, but she handles it just fine.
Hi Theo, Glad you and your wife are enjoying your Discover 1 ebikes. I hope you and your wife enjoy them for many years.
I ended up buying a Priority Current and did a write up on my experience HERE.

My wife and I are planning to buy a couple of new ebikes. We are both 65 years old and plan on retiring soon and then take a couple of months a year traveling around the country riding the many rails-to-trails. We are already planning for the 225 mile Katy Trail across the state of Missouri. We are both in good shape and can manage 35-40 miles for an afternoon ride on regular bikes. We are thinking that with ebikes our range might be 60-70. We have narrowed it down to two bikes and we would like your opinion. This thread includes a poll, but you can also includes your comments. Your insights would be appreciated.

I noticed you didn't mention Rattan, smart man! I've test ridden the Aventon Pace and prob close to a dozen others. I've been using my friends Ariel for the last week and have decided that's the ebike for me. It's got 2 52w batteries and a motor on both wheels. I've gone over 50 miles so far and I could prob go close to another 50 before charging. It is pretty heavy and I don't know what your price range is though

I noticed you didn't mention Rattan, smart man! I've test ridden the Aventon Pace and prob close to a dozen others. I've been using my friends Ariel for the last week and have decided that's the ebike for me. It's got 2 52w batteries and a motor on both wheels. I've gone over 50 miles so far and I could prob go close to another 50 before charging. It is pretty heavy and I don't know what your price range is though
I'm riding the Grizzly but thishttps://arielrider.com/products/kepler or one of their others might be more what you're looking for. I realize you didn't mention this brand and hate to add any more confusion to what research etc. you've already done but I've been riding most of the popular under 3k Ebikes for the last year and the 2 Ariel's I've tried out have been the best by far

Back