Why does CYCLIQ exist?????

ZachParker

Local time
6:45 AM
Hey everyone. I just got my first ebike.
I was thinking about outfitting it with a front and rear dashcam. But for the front cycliq it's 319 and the rear is 239 for a total of 558 plus tax and shipping.

Am i missing something here? , For 349 each i can just get a gopro 11 with the best video resolution in the world for a couple of more dollars. Why is cycliq charging so much for a basic product when u can get two gopro 11's for less then 200 more.
gopro 11 is on sale on their homepage for 349

need opinions.

Well it looks like they have integrated bicycle lights, other than that I can't see too many differences.

Seems like you have to remove the SD card just to view the videos.

Personally I'd stick with a GoPro, at least you can use it for multi purposes and also view footage on the screen.

That's what i was thinking. Just had to get a 2nd opinion. they need to market their products way cheaper. For 700 instead of 500 i can have two gopro's that i can use for other things too. plus a way better warranty.

unless someone has discount codes for cycliq or something

Hah I just finished a how-to on this exact topic. I found the same thing about Cycliq. Low res, sucky features (no image stabilization on the rear and low resolution) and high cost. I can find better lights so don't consider that a benefit.

No need to spend so much on a GoPro. The 4k30fps native mode I use is plenty to display crystal clear license plates in my lane (the guys who are about to run me over or plow into me), provides legible plates for an oncoming lane (2 lane rd) and decipherable plates parked on the opposite side of the road. Digital image stabilization is for lack of a better term perfect.

Part 1 covers parts and rationale. Part 2 covers installation and part 3 mops up with some minor bits about sharing cameras across multiple bikes (duplicating mountings and wiring) to reduce cost.

20230311_140257-1200x393[1].jpg

20230303_145246[1].jpg

Back