Which Front Wheel Conversion Kit is For Me? Thanks

My Alien Life

Local time
2:39 PM
Hello,

I am new to the forum. Thanks. It's very cool. I want a front wheel ebike conversion kit and see them on eBay, WalMart and elsewhere.

I have 3 older bikes that have almost zero miles on them and they are super light and great quality. All three have soft, spring seats with suspension seat posts.
I am 215 lbs, 5'10" and just want to buzz around the local rail to trail system here which is paved. Would like to go 20-30 mph and 30 miles.

Which bike should I use for an ebike front wheel kit with LED display? Where should I get a kit for my needs for around $500?

The Bikes

Jamis Citizen 1 6061
19" Frame
700c or 29” tires
Grip gear shifter
Suspension Seat Post

Raleigh SC 200
18" Frame
26" Tires
Grip gear shifter
SRAM Dual Drive
Suspension Seat Post
Front Shocks

Specialized Expedition
19" Frame
26" Tires
Grip gear shifter
Suspension Seat Post
Front Shocks

All have a back rack and aluminum frames. Super light and nice bikes.

Thanks for helping out a bike dude. Cheers..C.

Hello,
I have a Juapay 1000w front hub paired with a 48v 13ah, attached to a Walmart beach cruiser. I’m 170lb I’ve hit 32mph. 1000w hubs are good for cruising around and plenty fast enough. I suggest the 26” wheel over the 29”. The smaller the wheel the more torque and acceleration the motor has. The brakes are an issue tho, a heavy ebike hub basically needs disc brakes, I have regular side pull brakes and the bike barley stops. If you get a 1000w kit you can always upgrade the controller and battery. My 48v 13ah takes me all over town. Also for safety make sure the front drop outs aren’t cracked our rusted, 1000w can break the drop outs.

Hello,
I have a Juapay 1000w front hub paired with a 48v 13ah, attached to a Walmart beach cruiser. I’m 170lb I’ve hit 32mph. 1000w hubs are good for cruising around and plenty fast enough. I suggest the 26” wheel over the 29”. The smaller the wheel the more torque and acceleration the motor has. The brakes are an issue tho, a heavy ebike hub basically needs disc brakes, I have regular side pull brakes and the bike barley stops. If you get a 1000w kit you can always upgrade the controller and battery. My 48v 13ah takes me all over town. Also for safety make sure the front drop outs aren’t cracked our rusted, 1000w can break the drop outs.
It does not come with a display, but this is the kit I have.

JauoPay 48V 1000W Electric Bicycle Conversion Kit 26" E-Bike Front Hub Motor Wheel 28mile/h (45km/h) High Speed Brushless Gearless Hub Motor Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TMC2F9C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_2TJASDY276HCFZB4E8NA

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Most likely NONE of your existing bikes is a suitable candidate. You need a magnet to check, and if you have no idea why or what, you really need to find out.

As my wife and I approach our seventieth decade we decided to try exercising more via a bike. We found a couple of “step thru” beach cruisers at an “on sale” price at the local Walmart and bought them. They are an off an brand bike but they are sturdily built with 26”x 2.125” wheels and coaster brake. So far the bikes have served us well and we are enjoying biking as an fun exercise regimen.

So far we have encountered plenty of other seniors that are also enjoying biking and many of them had electric bikes. We have talked with a number them and they all liked having the extra help and extended range that came with having integrated battery power incorporated into their bikes. Naturally we became interested in electric bikes as well! However, after checking the prices of factory made electric bikes, we decided a “front wheel conversion kit” was a much better option for us to try out an electric bike option of our own.

On line research has ensued. It has been very incredabily frustrating to find pertient information! All the information we have reviewed seems to be directed toward “hard core” bicyclist …. or people with an unlimited bank account … or to machine shops …. or to bike shops/mechanics. What we would like to know is how we might convert via a “conversion kit” of our admittedly cheap bikes into an electric bike given the following constraints.

- it must accommodate a 26” single speed coaster brake bike

- a battery package must be included and mount on a rear wheel rack

- the battery package must employ good quality cells

- the battery package must be at least 500 watts of power and at least 12 amp hours

- contain a rear rack that mounts on the rear wheel axle (not a seat post mounted rack)

- a good quality battery charger must be included

- a good reputation for product performance and reliability.

Does anyone know of such a electric bike conversion kit? If so please advise soonest … and you will have our “Thanks” (and many others I suspect) for doing so!

Amazon has a 26” rear wheel motor with LCD, 1000 watt Violamart….$290. A bit cheaper at Walmart. I bought a 2 year extended warranty.

Voilamart Electric Bicycle Kit 26" Rear Wheel 48V 1000W E-Bike Conversion Kit with LCD Display, Cycling Hub Motor with Intelligent Controller and PAS System for Road Bike https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B5PLXBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_B2EHZVTXK3JS8H7PXKPM

A 48v 13ah battery is a good compliment. There are 5 on Amazon and I really can’t say which is better. I went with the most highly rated.

Here is a 15 ah

ENGWE 36V 48V Ebike Battery 15AH 13AH 10AH Mountain Bike Lithium Li-ion Battery Pack for 250W 500W 750W 1000W Electric Bicycles Motor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FJSXVXN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_F54KQ0D7G92FE1DWXHK9?psc=1

You’ll need a couple torque arms..

I set this 250W LEEDS kit up for my wife on this cruiser, and she loves it. She likes to get a little exercise and just hits the button for going up hills and grades. It's good for 15 miles or so, and charges up pretty fast. I think it was about $500 with the charger, it's a bafag moto,r and the rim they laced it to is pretty good quality. Been going good for 3-4 years, pretty light too:)

Attachments

• schwinn.jpg
    schwinn.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 168
Back