Where would I connect this throttle lock blue wire?

chyaboi

Local time
8:43 AM
Hi. Trying to figure out where on this controller I'd hook up this blue wire on the throttle. Maybe the "lock connector"? Usually it's a smaller red switch wire on the controller, but mine does not have that. Is the wire even relevant? The yellow reads the battery voltage, not entirely sure what the blue does besides act as on/off for igniton wire on a controller, but I don't have one.

Imgur album -

The blue wire connects to the motor, not throttle.
Sorry I think you looked at the wrong picture. The throttle has a blue wire meant for key igniton, not sure where to put it on my controller. The manufacturer told me that the orange wire labeled lock connector is the ignition wire, problem though is that it's basically a red wire and it leads to a loop JSM connector back to the LCD display. So not sure how I'd tape into it correctly

Check out this video. He has the same wiring as you do. Looks like it connects to red wire labeled "lock". You either modify the connector or splice it in. Make sure it works though before cutting anything.

Check out this video. He has the same wiring as you do. Looks like it connects to red wire labeled "lock". You either modify the connector or splice it in. Make sure it works though before cutting anything.

Thanks for this video! I have watched it multiple times before, but I don't have a switch on my controller like this guy does on his controllers. My switch is tied into the displays power. This is actually the last electrical problem I'm trying to troubleshoot. I got my custom bike up and running, throttle works, voltage display works, motor works, all the lights working but I need to figure out how to tap into the ignition wire because the key function is useless at the moment. I tried Y splitter tapping into the ignition which is just a positive but that positive is also what powers the LCD display.

So basically I made a y splitter and it failed. The voltage display was on immediatly without needing a key and throttle still worked as well so idk, very strange. I'll have to keep messing with it

edit: ... actually now that I'm thinking about it. I think I may know the solution and I'll try it later.

All I should need to do is put my blue and yellow into a connector and the yellow feeds the blue the power when the key is turned, which will in turn also give my display power when the key is turned. I'm not sure I will see my battery voltage but I'm almost certain it should show me the battery voltage since it's the positive line.

Genius, it works! So the orange wire is the "ignition wire" I mean it's just a positive line basically. This wire gives power to my LCD display. I simply made a y splitter and attached the yellow to the orange "ignition" wire and then the blue to the line feeding the display power. Throttle works as it should now and I can see my voltage yay!

Edit: To make it less stupid and less connections, I just put the yellow and blue wire into one SM connector and connected to the display SM and boom, works like a charm.

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_010052835.jpg
    IMG_20220623_010052835.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 389
Back