Where does my E-bike get its speedo data from ?

Mangizmo

Local time
8:00 AM
Hi, I have a 2016 VOLT Pulse rear drive BAFANG powered E-bike and its great.....does anybody know for sure how my bike gets its information for the speedometer ? I am assuming that my BAFANG rear hub motor has a magnet and sensor inside ? I cant see anything anywhere else on the bike Thanks

There's a magnet glued to the inside of the motor cover. There will be 1, 3 or 6 magnets. Sometimes they will come unglued, and the speedo stops working. If that happens it's easy to repair. If so, you'll need to look around for the loose magnet, it can't go far.
Motor speed magnet.jpg

There's a magnet glued to the inside of the motor cover. There will be 1, 3 or 6 magnets. Sometimes they will come unglued, and the speedo stops working. If that happens it's easy to repair. If so, you'll need to look around for the loose magnet, it can't go far.View attachment 6439
Thats a really great answer and thanks, I have had that cover off as I replaced the central bearing and very successfully solved a creaking problem it cost £1.85 :) But I didnt notice the magnet, but that all now makes sense thanks :)

So without this magnet, no speed or distance info right ? how about the 15mph limit does that also go with no magnet ?

Back