where are people getting frames for their custom builds?

allanworks

Local time
11:24 AM
where are people getting frames for their custom builds?
I like the cafe racer look of the euybike s4 and the look of stretched beach cruisers but can't find a frame close to them in the states. if you guys know of any that are close to my taste please let me know with a link to it or tell me the brand name and I'll look it up myself. I live in the country and want to build something that is fast for back roads and looks like an old-school motorcycle but also has pedals. my budget for the whole build is $2000

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Alot of gussets in the crucial spots will help with the frames structural integrity.

I cannot really say one way or another lol

I want to go around 60mph will a regular beach cruiser frame handle that?
That is going to require a high output controller like the High Voltage BAC855 kit. Plus a serious battery 60v or 72v capable of 60amps output. HD single speed chain and custom rear cog, and axle Torque plates

If you don't mind doing a bit of fabrication, get the Stealth Bomber frame on Amazon from NB Power. It's basically the same as all the other similar frames, but theirs is designed to handle 8000w at 150 amps. The frame itself is a basic dirtbike type, but with some custom body work, maybe a seat swap, some ape hangars... Make it into whatever you like. Here is stock vs my custom build.
stealth-bomber-2-1323535342.jpg
20230821_213556.jpg

A "Cruiser" or "Fat Bike" - if you jacked it out - my choice would be 72V CYC (Chainsaw) it will be a Ripper eBike - "maybe" 40-45 - its Power/Aerodynamics - ans at 40mph it will be a bit twitchy.

"Style" or "Speed" man - two paths and a whole variety of mixed options.

60 mph on a bicycle is neither safe, sane, nor legal. Also not likely for $2,000.
60 mph on a bicycle is not illegal, it is just legally a motorcycle. And it is as safe as you build it to be.
Get a heavy reinforced frame. Get some Kenda street tires. 205'' hydraulic brakes. Install a 12v rail, and proper motorcycle lights. Wear a DOT helmet.
But really the most important part is this... Obey the traffic laws. Seriously if you are one of those jackasses who think you can run out in front of cars on your bike and blame the driver when they hit you, you deserve exactly what you will get. Look at it this way, your bike is maybe 80lbs with all the motor+battery+kit, another +200 with you on it. Theirs is 2000lbs and their view is obstructed by the seats, parts of the frame, other cars around them, trees, telephone poles... You are the smallest and most insignificant thing on the road. And you are going a lot faster than any rational person would expect. The driver is watching for other cars and pedestrians. He sees you and notes a guy is on a bike and he starts going. He wasn't counting on your doing 20+mph, let alone 40+. If you are stopped at an intersection, let the cars go first, even if you have the right of way. If you are approaching, take note of the cars and be prepared for one of them to go unexpectedly because he thinks your bike is a normal bike. He thinks you are going 7mph because that's what bikes do, you are going 60mph because you are nuts. That's on you.
I'm not saying don't do it, i'm saying if you do it, act like a rational responsible person. If you are going to turn it into a motorcycle, treat it like a motorcycle. And realize that when you get flattened by a car blowing through an intersection at 50mph your decapitated corpse is not going to care about the technicalities of who is to blame. And the driver will stop at Autozone on his way home and fix the damage with a touch-up pen.

I want to go around 60mph will a regular beach cruiser frame handle that?
Hell no it won't. You want to go freeway speeds you'd better have some grownup parts to make it happen. Look at what @Plissken is showing you. Moped-strength wheels with extra-thick spokes. Motorcycle tires with I am sure thick moto tubes underneath. A giant controller that can pump out the ginormous amps needed to pump up that ginormous motor. And a frame box that is designed expressly to house the 72- or 96v battery in a size that will get you up to that speed and let you go on a trip longer than a mile or three.

Lets not forget the brakes. Something that was a given when I was auto racing and hanging around other hot rodders: Everyone wants to go fast but as soon as they live thru an underwear-stain moment they remember they have to do big brakes. A 'regular beach cruiser' frame can't handle that part, either.

@allanworks there's no shame in not knowing any of this. Everyone has to start somewhere and its good to ask questions.

EDIT: And $2000? Quadruple that number. Two G's is enough for a basic 20 mph ebike, or a Mongoose Dolomite build where you leave all the crappy components and just add a BBSHD and a basic 52v battery.

Hello,
This maybe of interest to you

Ktaxon 26in Fat Tire Mountain Bike, 21 Speeds Shimano Drivetrain, High Carbon Steel, Red Black​

Then put a 1000w DD rear hub motor kit with a 52v 20ah triangle battery stacking the controller on top of the battery.
OR
this is cool but single speed

MICARGI 26" Retro Beach Cruiser Bike Single Speed Fat Tire Bicycle​

same same on the Hub motor Kit

Check out sportsman flyer frames & worksman frames. They might have what you are looking for. Both company's build heavy frames that will be able to stand lots of abuse/power.

Back