What’s wrong with my cliensy ebike?

Bryguy

Local time
5:58 AM
I’m having trouble finding info on how to diagnose and fix my cliensy 26” 350w ebike. It was a cheap bike I bought on eBay and it worked great for a year and a half and then one day I was on my way home when I hit a bump and the power suddenly shut off and won’t turn back on. The battery seems to be fine and I checked all the wire connections but can’t find the problem? I can’t find an owners manual or any information about the manufacturer and don’t know where else to look for help. Has anyone else worked on this brand of bike or possibly know what could be the issue here?

I guess you could put a meter on the wire from the controller to the motor, open the throttle and see if you get anything.
Don't buy any major parts until you have checked all the fuses and connections. Run continuity on all wiring. Goodluck.

It definitely seems like a wire problem. I scraped a wire on my bike and 1 little bitty wire inside the harness with like 25 other wires was broke in half and it no longer worked. I simply reconnected and taped it up and was back in business.

I’m having trouble finding info on how to diagnose and fix my cliensy 26” 350w ebike. It was a cheap bike I bought on eBay and it worked great for a year and a half and then one day I was on my way home when I hit a bump and the power suddenly shut off and won’t turn back on. The battery seems to be fine and I checked all the wire connections but can’t find the problem? I can’t find an owners manual or any information about the manufacturer and don’t know where else to look for help. Has anyone else worked on this brand of bike or possibly know what could be the issue here?
I have the same bike, with the same support dead-end! See my other post today. I need a list of the 17 programming registers contents.
Maybe you could help me with that?

I couldn’t believe my eyes! I’ve been asking on this board about my Clientsy bike for 2 years! You’re the first.
My problem is an E-10 error. Nothing worked after that except the headlight and horn! I’ve been unable to find a dealer, the manufacturer or anyone! It’s been a garage ornament for 2 years!
I’ve monkeyed with it many times. Some other controllers show E-10 as a Communications error. I have no documentation, no clue.
This month…I GAVE UP! I’ve just purchased new Ride1UP e-bikes for my wife and I for Christmas. US Support in San Diego! The Clientsy…I’ve written off! An expensive, dumb mistake!
I still have the Clientsy, if you want to talk parts. I have zero info (or interest) on how to fix them.

My CLIENSY 26 INCH ELECTRIC BIKE, 350W FOLDING Ebike with REMOVABLE 36V 8AH LITHIUM BATTERY; 21 SPEED went completely dead after less than an hours worth of riding. It simply wouldn't "fire up" again.
I'm wondering there is a fuse to check and or replace?

There aren’t any fuses that I know of…not user replaceable, anyway. Maybe voltage regulation built into the controller.

I have a Clientsy, non-folding bike with a software error. I’ve been unable to get help from anyone…including here on this forum! I’ve been embarrassed to let anyone know I was suckered into buying this cheap Chinese crap with NO support!

I believe this bike could be fixed…if I had the correct programming values for the controller. There are 17 registers. 17 values.

But, I’m so disgusted, I bought new bikes (from a U.S. company) for my wife and I. I’m done messing with it, and hoping I might stumble upon the right configuration.

So…for a short time (until I take it to the dump), my Clientsy is for sale CHEAP! The component you need is on my bike…probably. It was only ridden 350 miles!

At this point, I don’t really care! It’s already written off as a stupid mistake…going cheap!
I’m located on the Gulf coast. It’s yours, Cheapo, if you want it.

I logged in tonight to unsubscribe to this forum! Like I said, it’s been useless for 2 years. And now, I can call Customer Support if I need to talk e-bikes. I’ll wait a week or so in case someone wants this bike. Time is limited. I’ll check back.

There aren’t any fuses that I know of…not user replaceable, anyway. Maybe voltage regulation built into the controller.

I have a Clientsy, non-folding bike with a software error. I’ve been unable to get help from anyone…including here on this forum! I’ve been embarrassed to let anyone know I was suckered into buying this cheap Chinese crap with NO support!

I believe this bike could be fixed…if I had the correct programming values for the controller. There are 17 registers. 17 values.

But, I’m so disgusted, I bought new bikes (from a U.S. company) for my wife and I. I’m done messing with it, and hoping I might stumble upon the right configuration.

So…for a short time (until I take it to the dump), my Clientsy is for sale CHEAP! The component you need is on my bike…probably. It was only ridden 350 miles!

At this point, I don’t really care! It’s already written off as a stupid mistake…going cheap!
I’m located on the Gulf coast. It’s yours, Cheapo, if you want it.

I logged in tonight to unsubscribe to this forum! Like I said, it’s been useless for 2 years. And now, I can call Customer Support if I need to talk e-bikes. I’ll wait a week or so in case someone wants this bike. Time is limited. I’ll check back.
Ha! The system made me register AGAIN!

I’m not able to reply!?!
Probably the login change.
If this goes, reply again DFW, and maybe we can restore the thread!

Back