What's the best ebike kit for hilly country?

brenton

Local time
2:40 AM
Who makes the best ebike kit?

I live in country with a lot of hills around. I weigh 200lbs. I have $1500 to spend. I'm thinking of using a proper mountain bike. From my research I should go for a 1000 watt brushless motor.

Bafang hub drives and mid-drives are the way to go for ebike kits. Their kits come with a battery and controller.

The best ebike kit is probably a German Bosch, but you need to build the frame built around them. They don't come in a kit format!

You can get a Bafang BBS02 mid-drive with a 48V battery for $750 plus shipping from Luna Cycles. I've had a BBS02 52V with a 10ah battery for 2years and it has been great. If you're buying a full suspension bike then you may need to figure out a way to mount the battery. You can always use a triangle bag to mount the battery in the frame. You will also need the tools to remove the bottom bracket from your bike to mount the kit.

You can get a Bafang BBS02 mid-drive with a 48V battery for $750 plus shipping from Luna Cycles. I've had a BBS02 52V with a 10ah battery for 2years and it has been great. If you're buying a full suspension bike then you may need to figure out a way to mount the battery. You can always use a triangle bag to mount the battery in the frame. You will also need the tools to remove the bottom bracket from your bike to mount the kit.
That's a great kit for hilly country and at a good price. If you're after more power you could get the BBSHD kit but it costs a little more....

Back