What’s on your Christmas bike wish list?

Snoop

Local time
5:55 PM
My wife keeps asking me for Christmas ideas, and I think I have a few:

-Handlebar extender
-Handlebar watch/clock
-Handlebar compass
-Rear camera for bike
-Seat suspension post

I might instead go all in and ask for the cool 360 Camera @Catseye uses to film his rides. :cool:

What about you all? Any bike related merch or upgrades you’re hoping to score (or treat yourself to) for the holidays?

-Handlebar extender
-Handlebar watch/clock
-Handlebar compass
-Rear camera for bike
-Seat suspension post

I might instead go all in and ask for the cool 360 Camera @Catseye uses to film his rides. :cool:

What about you all? Any bike related merch or upgrades you’re hoping to score (or treat yourself to) for the holidays?
Damn! Now I have to add some more stuff lol. I got a handlebar extender pretty cheap, $20 I think, and though I haven't ridden yet it's nice not having my handlebars so crowded with stuff

I have a new-ish road ebike and my wishlist is for a replacement seatpost with no setback. And maybe the range extending battery package.

And some mild, dry winter days to ride more miles! (near Seattle)

I have a new-ish road ebike and my wishlist is for a replacement seatpost with no setback. And maybe the range extending battery package.

And some mild, dry winter days to ride more miles! (near Seattle)
Feel ya on the weather thing!

I was amazed how much a suspension seat post helps! I borrowed one of my friends Ariel's with one of those on it and comfort is night and day

I was originally looking at the Thudbuster, but the elastomer device is so tall that my seat would be 1.5” higher even fully inserted.

Decided on the Redshift Shockstop which seems to have everything I’m looking for. It only comes as a standard diameter tube, so I’ll need a shim with it, but no biggie.

Passed the specs to my wife tonight via email, LOL.
We’ll see what Santa brings.

I was originally looking at the Thudbuster, but the elastomer device is so tall that my seat would be 1.5” higher even fully inserted.

Decided on the Redshift Shockstop which seems to have everything I’m looking for. It only comes as a standard diameter tube, so I’ll need a shim with it, but no biggie.

Passed the specs to my wife tonight via email, LOL.
We’ll see what Santa brings.
It's definitely on my list but it just keeps getting longer

-Handlebar extender
-Handlebar watch/clock
-Handlebar compass
-Rear camera for bike
-Seat suspension post

Those all seem reasonable to me. Not too sure about the rear camera setup kinda seems like an overkill I use a left hand bar end mirror and that works great.

I keep thinking I would really like a new mid drive bike. But in truth since I'm back in flat town SOCAL instead of hills country SW Washington there really isn't much need. Also keeping my current bike will be a lot less burden on my wallet.

On the smaller side of things maybe some new grips that clamp onto the bars.

I was amazed how much a suspension seat post helps! I borrowed one of my friends Ariel's with one of those on it and comfort is night and day
I have one and you are correct. I bought an inexpensive ZOOM post off Amazon and it works great. I do wish the front fork was really damped instead of just a spring. I may change the out sometime in the future.

Those all seem reasonable to me. Not too sure about the rear camera setup kinda seems like an overkill I use a left hand bar end mirror and that works great.

Yeah, I’ve gone back and forth on that as well. I also rely heavily on my mirror. If I get one, it will probably be more a toy than anything I actually really need. Plus, I’m not sure if I want an external wire traveling from the monitor to the rear camera….I like the clean look of the bike where all the wiring is inside the frame.

Yeah, I’ve gone back and forth on that as well. I also rely heavily on my mirror. If I get one, it will probably be more a toy than anything I actually really need. Plus, I’m not sure if I want an external wire traveling from the monitor to the rear camera….I like the clean look of the bike where all the wiring is inside the frame.
I realized on my very first ride that I'd need a mirror. The cams, both front and rear, seem to be mostly used to post videos and would be good in case of an accident for insurance/cops

I want a new brain. Finally got my bike running but my balance is so off from the tumor Im afraid to ride. It's benign so maybe after surgery. It will be warm again by then anyway

My well wishes also, SF. While maybe not too serious, any kind of brain surgery has got to be scary.

Back