What to do when your building bans your e-bike/scooter?

astromunch

Local time
12:27 PM
Hello, first time poster here, just heard my building is planning on banning e-bikes/scooters (it’s a co-op in NYC). Anyone have any suggestions? It’s really my lifeline. Thanks much!

Welcome to the forum!

As a corporation in ownership of the building (of which I’m guessing you are a shareholder), I’m guessing they can legally create policies such as that. If the corporation has a board (which they should), then maybe you can voice your concerns to them in hopes of stifling the policy.

You might also be able to circumvent the policy if you need the bike/scooter for a disability, but I would talk to a lawyer first.

Welcome to the forum!

As a corporation in ownership of the building (of which I’m guessing you are a shareholder), I’m guessing they can legally create policies such as that. If the corporation has a board (which they should), then maybe you can voice your concerns to them in hopes of stifling the policy.

You might also be able to circumvent the policy if you need the bike/scooter for a disability, but I would talk to a lawyer first.
Yes! Wow, that’s genius. I would never have thought about that. I am actually suffering from long covid and the scooter has been a real lifesaver for getting to/from work. I’ll approach it from that angle. Thanks so much. Great advice!

Hello, first time poster here, just heard my building is planning on banning e-bikes/scooters (it’s a co-op in NYC). Anyone have any suggestions? It’s really my lifeline. Thanks much!
Since you had your bike before the rule went into effect I would ask to be grandfathered out of that requirement. New restrictive rules like that should only apply to new tenants or new acquisitions. They can't very well expect you to dispose of your stuff.

Back