What to choose for my first e-bike?

Willsbikes

Local time
11:11 PM
I'm looking to purchase my first ever ebikes. I have $1500 to spend. I'm 5'11" and weigh 180lbs. What would be a good first ebike to buy. Is there anything at Walmart or is it best to look online? Thanks :)

My advice is to get something that feels like a real bike. Some of the ebike designs that I test road felt a bit strange to ride. In my opinion you should test ride any ebike before you buy it. I understand that sometimes the prices are veru tempting online, but how can you tell what you are getting when you purchase online.

Even better would be to add your own kit to a bike that you already have. That way there are no surprises. If you have some skills it's quite easy to add a Bafang Mid drive kit to any mountain bike. You can even get a shop to mount a kit (for a price). Where are you located?

I live in Florida. The reason I suggested Walmart is that a friend of mine purchased an Ancheer ebike from Walmart and has been riding it for over a year now without any problems. I'm after something with 350Watts and a 30 mile range.

Thanks for the recommendation. The bars look too low for me on that one. Do you know if it would be comfortable to ride?

Back