What kind of rider are you?

What kind of rider are you?

• Mostly an urban commuter

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Mostly a mountain off-trail rider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly a cruiser, longer distances on designated trails, such as rails-to-trails, etc.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Mostly for utility such as running errands around town

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Mostly for recreation riding around town

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Mostly for competitive racing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I enjoy using my bike to commute to work, however I live in more of a rural/light suburb area, so I would be hesitant to call myself an “urban commuter.”

I also enjoy rides in the country and along paths whenever possible.

I‘d say a big no on mountain biking…..too adventurous for me. Don’t want to die. ;) I’ll seek out smooth asphalt/ paved paths whenever possible. I enjoy popping the bike on the Jeep, and riding out to various bike paths in the region, and pedaling 25-30 miles when I have time.

I’m a 53 year old sissy, I guess, but I love it, LOL.

I chose the “recreational” riding option on your poll, as it probably best fits my preference.

Top 5 answers all suits me.

Been away from competitive racing since 2005.

Hi, I used sometime the bike of my wife that is pedal assisted. Normally I use a conventional bike (only pedal) because I enjoy to ride with my dogs. With dogs at leash it Is necessary to slow down and increase speed suddenly. Even if they are used to walk my side for many km. at a very low speed. 6-10km/h. I can do it on flat terrain only. I would like to go uphill but I need an electric bike able to assist me or better to do all the job! We in pure electric mode at low speed. I need a throttle. Is the thumb throttle of the Enwie engine pro or the Enwie Ep2 pro a real throttle? Or the BeziorX1500…Lankeleisi 3000 pro plus….? In other words is it possible to speed up and slow down by simply turning the right handle or the thumb throttle? Like a motorcycle? And what about the many assistance levels? Some difference? Thanks a lot, I have never saw one. My target is fluidity and a good performance uphill.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I used sometime the bike of my wife that is pedal assisted. Normally I use a conventional bike (only pedal) because I enjoy to ride with my dogs. With dogs at leash it Is necessary to slow down and increase speed suddenly. Even if they are used to walk my side for many km. at a very low speed. 6-10km/h. I can do it on flat terrain only. I would like to go uphill but I need an electric bike able to assist me or better to do all the job! We in pure electric mode at low speed. I need a throttle. Is the thumb throttle of the Enwie engine pro or the Enwie Ep2 pro a real throttle? Or the BeziorX1500…Lankeleisi 3000 pro plus….? In other words is it possible to speed up and slow down by simply turning the right handle or the thumb throttle? Like a motorcycle? And what about the many assistance levels? Some difference? Thanks a lot, I have never saw one. My target is fluidity and a good performance uphill.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I'm not sure about those bikes but we have a member named "A" that might be able to help you a bit.
"A" has some bikes like that so we'll ping him and see if he can help ya.

@"A"

My riding category wasn’t offered. My wife and I ride a mix of gravel and tarmac, mostly for fitness and enjoyment. We generally ride between 20 and 40 miles. I also ride an unassisted road bike, but I have been leaning more toward the ebike. It’s a bit less rewarding, but extremely enjoyable.

Mostly around town recreational rides, with occasional mtb trail, paved trails if permitted, and small grocery store runs.

Similar to others ... retired ... recreational ... grocery stores. Not in it for speed. For me, hitting 30mph is living vicariously. On most trips, my the top speed is 15 mph. I'd say my average speed is something like 8-10 mph. My average trip length is under 5 miles. I bike about every other day, so that makes it less than 20 miles per week. Mostly paved roads, but I cut across a few (short) trails to avoid heavily trafficked intersections. I appreciate the option that fat tires give me to choose my routes.

Similar to others ... retired ... recreational ... grocery stores. Not in it for speed. For me, hitting 30mph is living vicariously. On most trips, my the top speed is 15 mph. I'd say my average speed is something like 8-10 mph. My average trip length is under 5 miles. I bike about every other day, so that makes it less than 20 miles per week. Mostly paved roads, but I cut across a few (short) trails to avoid heavily trafficked intersections. I appreciate the option that fat tires give me to choose my routes.
Thanks for your input 1dash1. I'm like you, not in it for speed. When I was young and in my 20s, often I would get up to 30 mph, but those days are long gone.

Back