What is your assist level and gear setting on your ebike?

ATC2

Local time
10:00 AM
I know this will be different and subject to the terrain and other factors, But what is your favourite settings on pedal assist and gears setting for just casual riding?

For casual riding on flat terrain I use level 2 and 7th gear. On mountain trails, with up and down hills, I am usually in level 3 and 5th gear. But that is me. My bike is a mid drive motor and at my age I am no longer aggressive but still love off road trails.

We have 100 miles on our Rad Mini 2 ST and have found that we were going to fast, i.e. 12-17MPH in 7 Gear, why. When this dawned on me that this was happening, we reduce the Pedal Assist from 2-3 to 1-2 and used the all & gears and then reduced the Road speed to 8-10 MPH. We alos think it is a safer speed where we bike.more

I know this will be different and subject to the terrain and other factors, But what is your favourite settings on pedal assist and gears setting for just casual riding?
Today me and my tadpole trike did 25 miles of relatively flat terrain mostly on Level 1 which is programmed to supply 25 percent of whatever I supply. Time was 2:47.

That works out to a cruising speed between 9 and 13 mph - mostly about 11 mph with Yours Truly putting out 130-170 watts.

Given enough of a headwind, I'll dial it up to Level 2 @50%.

I currently have the motor capped at 250 watts, which gets me up any hill in the area at about 3 mph without my having to grind myself up it.

Generally I select whatever level lets me cruise with my bod contributing 130-170 watts with short bursts of 200-225.

5 levels 1.png

I use 1,3,5,7 and 9 depending on the circumstances.

None - I made sure not to include the PAS system on my Schwinn Meridian trike. I can control the assist through the throttle much easier.

Back