What ebike should i choose?

genghiskhan

Local time
8:36 AM
Hello people.I m really new to ebikes world and i need your help. I want to get an electric bike but my budget is below 500 euro . I live in a city where we have up roads and its not flat at all. I am 80kg and 1.80 weight and heres two options i have in my mind right now. The first one costs 350-400 euro. The second one costs 300euro but its used and i m worried about the batterys health even though it it said that it has been not used very much. What do you reccomend? down below you ll se the features of the bikes.

FIRST NEW BIKE (PRICE 380)
36V 7.5Ah battery
250W Motor
14 inch Tires
25km/h Top Speed
Max. Loading: 100kg
Weight: 15.5kg
Top speed: 25km/h
PAS mode: 30-40km
Electronic mode: 18-20km
Power assitant mode: 3 Level pedelec
Battery type: 18650 Lithium battery
Rated voltage: 48V
Battery capacity: 7.5Ah
Motor type: DC brushless motor
Motor rated power: 36V 250W
Wheel size: 14 inch Pneumatic tires
Frame material: Iron
Other: Clear LCD display, bright frontlight

SECOND USED BIKE (PRICE 300)

Motor Gear hub motor 250W brushless
Batttery 36V/10Ah polymer Li-on 700-1000 fully charges life expectancy
Pas mode 40km
Electronic mode 25km
IT can go for 40 to 60 km fully charge.
wheel size 20 inch with CNC
Shimano 6 gears
Shimano tourney

279232217_270994828582355_8282635874662255971_n.jpg
SSDDA
279301963_695376441680437_6795205853580222930_n.jpg

If you have lots of hills in your city, you should consider an ebike with gears.
Single speed ebike might not do well with rides that involve many hills.

Specify the distance you would like to travel on majority of your rides, that would help determine how much battery capacity you should consider.

If you have lots of hills in your city, you should consider an ebike with gears.
Single speed ebike might not do well with rides that involve many hills.

Specify the distance you would like to travel on majority of your rides, that would help determine how much battery capacity you should consider.
First,Thank you for your answear my friend. Not that long routes, mostly 15-20 km max. Do you think that i should go for the new one,or the used one?

It's difficult with used ebikes to determine the battery life, how many cycles it has been used or what conditions the battery has bee stored when not in use.

Personally, if I can afford it, I will always get a new ebike.

But I know supply chain is difficult to find the new ebikes available for immediate shipment.

Where are you located?

It's difficult with used ebikes to determine the battery life, how many cycles it has been used or what conditions the battery has bee stored when not in use.

Personally, if I can afford it, I will always get a new ebike.

But I know supply chain is difficult to find the new ebikes available for immediate shipment.

Where are you located?
Greece, Kavala . Yes as you can see I have a low budget (500$) although I think I prefer the new Bike over the used one , even though the used one has maybe better specifications. What’s your opinion about it?

My opinion would be purchase new if you can afford it.

There are just too many variables with used ebike market, too many unknown that can seriously reduce the lifespan of the battery, components, etc..

If you are good with doing mechanical maintenance yourself & you have (access) to maintenance tools; likely you would ok with a used ebike that just need some minor maintenance.
But if motor needs work with internal gears, signs would be loud, grinding sounds from motor, that would require some specific tools.

Good luck with your search.

My opinion would be purchase new if you can afford it.

There are just too many variables with used ebike market, too many unknown that can seriously reduce the lifespan of the battery, components, etc..

If you are good with doing mechanical maintenance yourself & you have (access) to maintenance tools; likely you would ok with a used ebike that just need some minor maintenance.
But if motor needs work with internal gears, signs would be loud, grinding sounds from motor, that would require some specific tools.

Good luck with your search.
Really appreciated, thank you once again

You may not have much options to choose from due to availability.. but here's a good video for starting out:

New to the game but I watched A LOT of videos and comparisons of ebikes in the segment I went with. YT has a lot good videos out there. I looked at all the parts and weighed the quality vs the price before I made a choice.

To get better suggestions, you need to provide some criteria of your ebike needs.
How much do you weigh?
Any physical condition that require specific riding position or saddle/handlebar location?
How often you plan to ride?
How fast do you see yourself riding comfortably on your rides?
How far do you plan to travel for each ride?
Do you need cargo carrying capacity? of so, how much?
Do you have limited storage when this ebike is not being ridden?
How quickly (soon) do you need to be riding this ebike?
Most importantly, what is your budget?

I commute within NYC metro since 2013, have decent idea what's involved riding among traffic within 5-boro.
There are places where you can travel at a decent pace and there are others that are just unsafe to travel at higher speeds.
Not saying that's what you should go with, but just that there are plenty of options when it comes to ebikes, the more expensive ones are not necessarily the best.
Plenty of delivery folks on cheap ebikes in the 5-boro that depend on their ebikes for their livelyhoods, it is unlikely that they would pick something unreliable.
Another thing to consider, there are plenty of ebike repair shops that service the cheap ebikes in NYC, their methods may not be "by the book" sometimes, but they usually can get your back on the quickly, for these delivery folks need their ebikes to work to make a living.
I've seen more and more regular bike shops in Brooklyn & Bronx that are capable and willing to work on ebikes to quickly fix a flat to get people back on the road.

Get a new one. There is no guarantee on the battery, and the cost of a new battery will be close to that of the bike.

The seller will know that you have no way of confirming whether the battery has "very little use". It's like buying a car from a seller who insists "It's all highway miles."

I just bought an e-bike for $1400 US and I looked at the price of a replacement battery pack; it is $500. (it is a 48 V, 15 Ah pack)

Since you live in an area with lots of hills, I would look for an e-bike with plenty of gears, plenty of speed selections and not too heavy. (because if you're caught without battery power on a heavier e-bike, you will be pushing it up the hills on foot) I could not pedal my e-bike up a steep hill very long, even in the lowest gear, as the bike weighs around 30 kg!

Back