What can be done with this old Sparta Pharos

elanmorin

Local time
4:14 PM
Hello!

This is a factory bike,

(13)motor
(11)battery - Ni-Cad
(17)rollerbrake - this is the front brake controlled by the left handlebar.

The rear brake is separated i think and is commanded from the right handlebar. The rear wheel is 7-speed Shimano Nexus, but it is damaged and work only at the 1st speed. I guess the rear brake is the same type as the front brake.

Questions:
1. Can the rear wheel be separated from the rear rollerbrake and to be replaced with another wheel to work with that fabric rollerbrake.

The battery also seems in not good condition.

Question:
2. Can be changed with the another battery type, Li-ion in example?

Question:
3. Does it make sense that bike to be repaired?

sph.jpg

Hello!

This is a factory bike,

(13)motor
(11)battery - Ni-Cad
(17)rollerbrake - this is the front brake controlled by the left handlebar.

The rear brake is separated i think and is commanded from the right handlebar. The rear wheel is 7-speed Shimano Nexus, but it is damaged and work only at the 1st speed. I gueest the rear brake is the same type as the front brake.

Questions:
1. Can the rear wheel be separated from the rear rollerbrake and to be replaced with another wheel to work with that fabric rollerbrake.

The battery also seems in not good condition.

Question:
2. Can be changed with the another battery type, Li-ion in example?

Question:
3. Does it make sense that bike to be repaired?

sph.jpg
Hi,

1. Yes, you can change the wheel, as long as it matches in size.

2. Theoretically possible

3. The decision is yours. It all depends on the condition of the bike, how long the repair will take and how much money you spend on it.

I am really amazed from this bike.
1998 year release date.

But i am really amazed how it work.

Seems like that "1" is kind of retlanslator or connector bettwen "2" and the black box "3" in the rear transmission. Maybe when "2"is pulled it tell to "1" what power to transfer to "3". But how "3" command the rear transmission.

Did anybody ahve that model ot similar. It is very interesting how it realy works.

forenzo.jpg

Back