What Are The Benefits of Choosing A Hard Fork?

Local time
8:44 AM
The front fork not only affects the performance of the e-bike, but also affects the comfort and fatigue resistance of the rider. Whether to choose a hard fork or a shock-absorbing fork, most people will choose the latter. So, is there no benefit if you choose a hard fork? Of course not.

1. First of all, the biggest advantage of hard forks is lightness (know that some parts, just because they are a few grams lighter, the price will increase several or even dozens of times.)

2. Secondly, the price of general hard forks is much cheaper than shock-absorbing front forks. It is roughly estimated that an entry-level electric bicycle should be at least 20% cheaper. In the future, even if the shock-absorbing fork is replaced, the loss is not big.

3. In addition, the shock-absorbing front fork requires regular maintenance. And the hard fork has a simple structure and is not easily damaged without maintenance.

A hard fork is sufficient if you are driving on a relatively flat road. what do you think?

I think the need for a suspension fork depends mostly on speed (when on good pavement).
If you plan to putt around at 15 mph, suspension is not a big advantage.
-If you travel around 20mph and above, front suspension noticeably improves braking and comfort.

-There are always exceptions. The sidewalks and streets of Houston are dangerously bumpy, so suspension helps there regardless of speed.
Just my 2 cents.

I think the need for a suspension fork depends mostly on speed (when on good pavement).
If you plan to putt around at 15 mph, suspension is not a big advantage.
-If you travel around 20mph and above, front suspension noticeably improves braking and comfort.

-There are always exceptions. The sidewalks and streets of Houston are dangerously bumpy, so suspension helps there regardless of speed.
Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for your reply. You are right, I agree with you very much.

Back