Weight reduction -Specialized Creo Expert

mnicko

Local time
10:46 AM
I have a Creo Expert, and i was wondering if i reduce the weight will it affect the performance after 15mph. im looking to change the rear cassette to an XTR,
change to carbon cranks, all in 1 handlebar/stem (Alpinist), lighter seatpost (alpinist) and seat, and XTR disks, as well as changing tyres for lighter ones and thro axels to allen keys versions.
am i being stupid and chasing diminishing returns or will this affect the speed for hills and flat?

thoughts please.

I have a Creo Expert, and i was wondering if i reduce the weight will it affect the performance after 15mph. im looking to change the rear cassette to an XTR,
change to carbon cranks, all in 1 handlebar/stem (Alpinist), lighter seatpost (alpinist) and seat, and XTR disks, as well as changing tyres for lighter ones and thro axels to allen keys versions.
am i being stupid and chasing diminishing returns or will this affect the speed for hills and flat?

thoughts please.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by affecting the performance after 15 mph. Maybe you can clarify that first. As for the items you're considering changing to lighter items I don't think the Weight reduction is significant enough to make any difference in the overall performance.

i mean will it be slightly easier to climb hills or maintain speed on the flat. I use 20% battery and as i live in Cornwall UK its all up or down hill, (and get 100 miles+ range). yes i have a 8kg bicycle as well, and i can maintain a faster speed on that as its lighter.
So shaving 1kg or more off the Creo, but at a cost of over £1000 will i notice any difference.
im just testing the water at the moment, before i buy any upgrades.

i mean will it be slightly easier to climb hills or maintain speed on the flat. I use 20% battery and as i live in Cornwall UK its all up or down hill, (and get 100 miles+ range). yes i have a 8kg bicycle as well, and i can maintain a faster speed on that as its lighter.
So shaving 1kg or more off the Creo, but at a cost of over £1000 will i notice any difference.
im just testing the water at the moment, before i buy any upgrades.
I doubt you'll feel any difference. BTW 100+ range is really great.

Back