Weekend Project: DIY Pizza Delivery Crate for Ebikes

Snoop

Local time
6:02 PM
So, my favorite pizza place is just a mile or so away and is easily accessible by bike. I thought it would be fun during the nicer months to hop on my bike to pick up our pies on family pizza nights.

The “Dry Box” which @CloneWerks posted last week caught my eye, but after messaging him about the internal dimensions, it wouldn’t be quite big enough. I wanted something to carry two 16” pies and maybe a side of wings or chicken fingers.

I purchased a nice pizza warmer bag (after visiting my pizzeria to measure their box sizes….it’s a small town and they know me, LOL) to keep the pizzas from getting cold while traveling on the bike. It has the capacity to hold everything I mentioned. I then built the cargo crate around the size of the bag.

I used pretty cheap hobbie wood, which is nice and light. The whole tray can’t weigh more than a couple pounds. The eye bolts at the corners are for me to attach a stretchable net cover I have.

I attached an MIK “Adapter Plate” on the bottom which snaps nicely into my MIK system on my rear cargo rack.

Just a quick weekend thing, and nothing fancy. I still have to sand and paint it, however.

Now, who’s hungry for pizza? :)

4DA6DDDE-77E2-46DF-B1BC-9378A50E4B6A.jpeg

28354FA6-C5A7-4EC9-95DC-614478E90DA2.jpeg

E21E38FF-0DFB-4273-99C6-8CECDE1F1C31.jpeg

F345B190-11C6-4CA6-A392-C62E63813A80.jpeg

A287BA20-1083-4511-8ABA-46BADFE07578.jpeg
EF279AAB-A099-405B-B8DB-926C4A8EFD88.jpeg

Nice bike.
Remember....we're here to help others....Make sure ya do.

Hugs :)

Nice bike.
Remember....we're here to help others....Make sure ya do.

Hugs :)

Always try when I can.

I thought this might inspire somebody to make something similar. If anyone wants directions, dimensions, plans, etc for this project, just reach out to me. I’d be happy to help.

I like it! I feel like it should get a nice coat of stain and poly rather than just paint.
Maybe I should lasercut you a couple of "Pizza Delivery" signs for the sides :)

I like it! I feel like it should get a nice coat of stain and poly rather than just paint.
Maybe I should lasercut you a couple of "Pizza Delivery" signs for the sides :)

That would be sweet! :)

I‘ve always thought about getting a CNC setup, but never made the move.
Someday….

Nice one! Looks like you could also use it to mount a solar panel for a solar ebike.

Great job......please add extra sausage and mushrooms on my pizza!!! Don't forget the red pepper! Seriously...looks great and well made.

Great job......please add extra sausage and mushrooms on my pizza!!! Don't forget the red pepper! Seriously...looks great and well made.

I like your taste! Us mushroom lovers gotta stick together. :)

The benefit, of course, is that none of my family members touch my half of the pizza.

Back