Weak battery?

fjkdsl;a

Local time
6:26 AM
I have a 2 year old Low Rider with a 48v, 15ah battery. After full charging it shows 52.5 volts which is lower than other ebike owners report seeing on their 48v bikes and I certainly get far less mileage on that charge than anyone else I've talked to. My usual ride is just a 1.5 mile round trip to the tennis courts since I'm afraid of running out of charge on any long rides. See, the battery goes flat in just 17 accumulated miles of easy cruising. My wife, alongside of me on a bike with 36v, 16ah battery, gets 3 times that mileage on a charge. At 2 bars of charge showing I'm just short minutes away from dead in the water, as as happened 4 times. I get more exercise from walking this bike home than from riding it. I bought an ebike rack primarily to retrieve the bike the next time it dies.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

I have a 2 year old Low Rider with a 48v, 15ah battery. After full charging it shows 52.5 volts which is lower than other ebike owners report seeing on their 48v bikes and I certainly get far less mileage on that charge than anyone else I've talked to. My usual ride is just a 1.5 mile round trip to the tennis courts since I'm afraid of running out of charge on any long rides. See, the battery goes flat in just 17 accumulated miles of easy cruising. My wife, alongside of me on a bike with 36v, 16ah battery, gets 3 times that mileage on a charge. At 2 bars of charge showing I'm just short minutes away from dead in the water, as as happened 4 times. I get more exercise from walking this bike home than from riding it. I bought an ebike rack primarily to retrieve the bike the next time it dies.
Does anyone have any thoughts?
Sounds like you have some weak cells in the battery pack. There are battery repair services out there if you look around. Maybe look on Youtube to find videos on how to check battery packs and repair if necessary. I would caution you not to attempt repairs unless you are confident you have the knowledge and skill to do such repairs.

Thanks for the advice. I wonder if the battery was actually used instead of new when I bought it.

Back