wattwagons HOUND

"A"

Local time
7:17 PM

New-bike-11-02_540x.jpg

I saw this pointed out in a private forum consisting of some pretty experienced builders and ebike retailers, and the first thing everyone saw was the appalling chain length. It literally couldn't be worse. But since the kickstand obviously would never work, and the fork is an RST Renegade rather than the product spec, the seatpost is not to spec and the steering tube is uncut and loaded with spacers, it looks like this was a cobbled together frame done up just for the press photos.

Its certainly interesting. A fat mid-tail with a battery compartment thats huge and an option to match that size. Interesting they don't show any battery on the bike but thats probably because this isn't showing a production product. I'm also not sure I think much of EV charging since that means you will be competing with cars at charging stations.

At $5500 vs. $8000 for single-speed vs. derailleur on the Supercharged, I think I'd buy a single-speed and do my own drivetrain. For $2500 thats plenty of room to work with and have lots of money left over.

I saw this pointed out in a private forum consisting of some pretty experienced builders and ebike retailers, and the first thing everyone saw was the appalling chain length. It literally couldn't be worse. But since the kickstand obviously would never work, and the fork is an RST Renegade rather than the product spec, the seatpost is not to spec and the steering tube is uncut and loaded with spacers, it looks like this was a cobbled together frame done up just for the press photos.

Its certainly interesting. A fat mid-tail with a battery compartment thats huge and an option to match that size. Interesting they don't show any battery on the bike but thats probably because this isn't showing a production product. I'm also not sure I think much of EV charging since that means you will be competing with cars at charging stations.

At $5500 vs. $8000 for single-speed vs. derailleur on the Supercharged, I think I'd buy a single-speed and do my own drivetrain. For $2500 thats plenty of room to work with and have lots of money left over.
Did you buy yet?
Or do know of anyone who has?

Did you buy yet?
Or do know of anyone who has?
Honestly, I don't know why anyone would. Its not a particularly well-executed design. It can't carry a lot (limited cargo area), and it is crazy-expensive. Basically a gigantic premium price for fat tires and a big battery on a mid-tail. You could buy a used Surly Big Fat Dummy and get twice the bike for less than half the price, then electrify it.

Back