Want to test ride a Velotric Discover 1

ronniebellie

Local time
7:09 AM
My wife and I want to test ride a Velotric Discover 1. Is there anyone in eastern Washington or northern Idaho that has one that we can check out? We are hesitant to buy two of them sight unseen.

I just got one. The controller iin level 1 accerates at full power to 12 mph if the pedals are moved at all. Level 2 and 3 the same. Controller seems to have a problem. Velotric gave me the horse and pony show, said it was normal. Really nice designed bike, a little small for my 6'01" ro ride upright so added extender. Still trying to get it fixed.

I just got one. The controller iin level 1 accerates at full power to 12 mph if the pedals are moved at all. Level 2 and 3 the same. Controller seems to have a problem. Velotric gave me the horse and pony show, said it was normal. Really nice designed bike, a little small for my 6'01" ro ride upright so added extender. Still trying to get it fixed.
Thanks for the info. Keep me updated on your experience with your new Velotric Discover 1. I'm very interested.

I bought my high step the 2nd week in October and liked it enough that I bought a step through for my wife a week later.
Only issue so far is my front tire doesn't want to hold air.
Unless you're someone who won't drive anything other than a Mercedes, I doubt you will find a better bike at this price.

Isn't that how the pedal assist on a lot of ebikes works, at least on flat ground? 12mph sounds a bit fast for PAS1 but don't most PAS levels correspond with a certain speed that it will push you to?

Isn't that how the pedal assist on a lot of ebikes works, at least on flat ground? 12mph sounds a bit fast for PAS1 but don't most PAS levels correspond with a certain speed that it will push you to?
That was my thought upon reading. Owner should be able to change the setting on display to PAS0 and it will stop but idk that brand bike or what display they have

Mine have PAS levels 1-5.
8,11,14,17 and 20mph.
Power and acceleration rate seem to be equal for all 5. The only difference is the top end speed for each PAS setting.

My wife has a Velotric Discover 1 and I have a Ride1Up Series 500. Both are rear hub motors and cadence sensors. Very different riding experiences.

Think of cruise control in a car. Suppose in your car you have the cruise set to 60 mph then tap the brake to slow down. When you hit the resume button the car will accelerate to 60mph. That is kind of like the Velotric, only the PAS levels must factor in not only the speed but the power as a set point. You can see this on the display in power output mode. Once the set point is reached, the power output drops to close to 0.0. You can pedal to go faster but get no help from the motor. There are 5 PAS levels on my controller, but no user adjustability.

The Series 500 is very different, and I struggle to explain it. It seems that each PAS level has a maximum %output, but the actual output is proportional on both sides of the set point. At least that is how I would explain it. A much more natural feel when changing PAS levels. Ride1Up also allows the user to change the number of PAS level (up to 9) and change the %output at each.

This is not to say that the Velotric is inferior in any way. Just depends on what you like. I enjoy riding both bikes.

Back