Voodoo Hoooo Tongheng TSDZ2 converion

bristolspark

Local time
12:37 AM
Just finished converting an older model voodoo hoodoo mtb with a tongsheng mid drive motor kit.
I started this by doing a few upgrades to the bike first replacing the 3 by 9 gearing with a deore 1 by 10 cassette derailleur and shifter this made it it more suitable the mid drive kit. While I was upgrading I also replaced the hubs and the spokes, the cup and cone bearings were worn and the spokes were carbon steel which I relaced with stainless.
After the bike upgrades it was now time to fit the kit, a TDSZ2 48v 250w road legal model. The installatiom went ok but there were a few problems, the motor was touching the chain stay which meant I had to purchase a spacer kit to to get the required clearance, I also had to make up some longer aluminium spacers for the locking plate. I managed to get the cable routing pretty neat with use of some spiral wrap. After the motor was installed it was time to chose a battery that fitted the space above the downtube, sourced a slim 48V 12.8Ah LG celled hailong battery form £330 which is only measured 90mmby 90mm by 360mm high, this was installed on the two bottle mounts with an additional rivnut at the top for extra security.
After the install I added a bontranger kick stand and a bontrager rack with the MIK mounting plate system, this allows easy mounting/unmounting of things like paniers and in my case a fishing rod tube system I've knocked up. Impressed with the tongsheng, very quite

Attachments

• DSCF2126.JPG
    DSCF2126.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF2127.JPG
    DSCF2127.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 147
Just finished converting an older model voodoo hoodoo mtb with a tongsheng mid drive motor kit.
I started this by doing a few upgrades to the bike first replacing the 3 by 9 gearing with a deore 1 by 10 cassette derailleur and shifter this made it it more suitable the mid drive kit. While I was upgrading I also replaced the hubs and the spokes, the cup and cone bearings were worn and the spokes were carbon steel which I relaced with stainless.
After the bike upgrades it was now time to fit the kit, a TDSZ2 48v 250w road legal model. The installatiom went ok but there were a few problems, the motor was touching the chain stay which meant I had to purchase a spacer kit to to get the required clearance, I also had to make up some longer aluminium spacers for the locking plate. I managed to get the cable routing pretty neat with use of some spiral wrap. After the motor was installed it was time to chose a battery that fitted the space above the downtube, sourced a slim 48V 12.8Ah LG celled hailong battery form £330 which is only measured 90mmby 90mm by 360mm high, this was installed on the two bottle mounts with an additional rivnut at the top for extra security.
After the install I added a bontranger kick stand and a bontrager rack with the MIK mounting plate system, this allows easy mounting/unmounting of things like paniers and in my case a fishing rod tube system I've knocked up. Impressed with the tongsheng, very quite
Very nice clean build. Do you find the power of the 250W motor adequate? Looks like you have a pretty good spread of gear ratios available so I would guess the answer to be yes. Did you do all the work yourself including the wheel building?

Back