Voltage problems. EVG 24 volts needs 25.5 volts or more to operate. Whats Wrong

Gabby

Local time
8:34 AM
I have a e v g 24 volt bicycle and I would replacing the rear tire somehow I got a spark in the hot wire going to the hub motor no it requires 25.5 volts or more to operate and I can only go a block or two before I'm out of power what do you think is wrong

I have a e v g 24 volt bicycle and I would replacing the rear tire somehow I got a spark in the hot wire going to the hub motor no it requires 25.5 volts or more to operate and I can only go a block or two before I'm out of power what do you think is wrong
It sounds like you may have damaged the controller. In the future always remove the battery before doing anything with any of the connections that go to the motor.

Highly unlikely this is a controller issue. Most likely you have fried some cells or a connection in the battery itself.

Describe previous voltage readings, was it 25.5 before you screwed up? What is voltage when it stops working. Use an external voltmeter, do not rely on the kit's gauge if at all possible.

You did not get a spark "somehow". You allowed the hot wire connector end to contact a conductive surface. You should have wrapped it, plugged it, taped it, or is some way BEEN MORE CAREFUL to not damage the single most expensive component on the bike.

You are very likely looking at extensive repairs, significant rebuild of your battery involving lots of labor and some new cells, or a brand-new battery.

Because you were careless. This is how lessons are learned.

Back